News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Weird FM shields on US-80 in east Texas

Started by corco, June 28, 2012, 11:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corco

From the Louisiana line to west of Longview, all the FM junctions are signed as such now. Is this a rogue district or a new shield spec?

Alex

corco

Interesting- in three cross Texas drives since 2010 this is the first time I've seen them anywhere!

US71

I found this in 2007 along US 259:

And another at Waskom back in May
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Road Hog

Only place I've seen those signs are in East Texas.

Alps

US71

austrini

They're just in East Texas. I found some on US 271 that don't even bother with the "Farm Road" text.

AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

J N Winkler

These signs aren't a new standard.  They were installed in just one large signing contract and have not appeared in any others before or since.  I think they were probably meant as an experiment.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

US71

Quote from: J N Winkler on July 09, 2012, 10:36:38 AM
These signs aren't a new standard.  They were installed in just one large signing contract and have not appeared in any others before or since.  I think they were probably meant as an experiment.

I like them better than the rectangles, myself.  I wonder if they'd use brown for Recreational Roads?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.