User Content > Photos, Videos, and More

Interstate Openings Map?

(1/7) > >>

CtrlAltDel:
You may or may not have seen this GIF that shows Walmart's growth over the years:

I recently came across it, and it made me wonder if there was a similar GIF showing how the Interstate highways opened from the '50s to the present. I think that that would be pretty cool to see, that familiar map (at least to us roadgeeks), slowly appearing before our eyes.

So, has anyone made something like this?
Or failing that, would anyone be interested in doing it themselves?  :)
Or failing that, help me make one?

Zeffy:
This seems like it could be pretty cool to make. I have a simple idea on how it could work, if someone wanted to provide the data that I don't currently know. Failing that, I could help make one.

roadman65:
After Florida is seemed that it expanded quite rapidly in South Carolina before it made it into the other SE corner states,  ie Georgia, North Carolina.

SteveG1988:
I would break it down by region, otherwise the map would get crowded fast

bandit957:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on September 16, 2015, 01:50:42 AM ---After Florida is seemed that it expanded quite rapidly in South Carolina before it made it into the other SE corner states,  ie Georgia, North Carolina.

--- End quote ---

The antiunion laws are probably even worse in South Carolina than in other states. There was a worker strike at a hospital in 1969 where they actually put workers in JAIL for trying to form a union.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version