News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Florida

Started by FLRoads, January 21, 2009, 12:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

Found scans of route logs from 1929 to 1939: http://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Florida.+State+Road+Dept.%22
Sadly they don't have 1941-43, when things really got interesting in the legislature (and I have no complete information on the numbers).
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

D-Dey65

Does anybody know the street name for Monroe County Road 905 in Key Largo?

xcellntbuy

Card Sound Road

D-Dey65

NE2

The street name is GOAT.

Not every street has a name, dude. The only sign blade I can find on the Goog says C-905.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

xcellntbuy

Quote from: D-Dey65 on May 10, 2013, 06:07:37 PM
Quote from: xcellntbuy on May 10, 2013, 04:42:21 PM
Card Sound Road
I thought that was CR 905A.

Could be.  It has been awhile since I have been in that area.  The road name may also change names in upper Key Largo at the intersection on the island south of the Bridge, heading back toward the southeastern portion of the island and on toward US 1/Overseas Highway.

Fixed quote. - rmf67

mstgator

Old news by now (article is from last September), but I noticed that the start dates for these projects have finally been updated on the Five-Year Work Program on the FDOT website.  The article doesn't mention a reconfiguring of the I-75/Turnpike/SR 44 mess, but that could also get underway by the end of 2015 if we're lucky.

I-75 widening from Florida border to Tampa area to start as early as 2014

NE2

Yay media failure. "Widening from Florida border"?

D-Dey65

Quote from: mstgator on May 13, 2013, 11:23:03 PM
Old news by now (article is from last September), but I noticed that the start dates for these projects have finally been updated on the Five-Year Work Program on the FDOT website.  The article doesn't mention a reconfiguring of the I-75/Turnpike/SR 44 mess, but that could also get underway by the end of 2015 if we're lucky.
I still say that the interchange for Pasco CR 41 should be more like the one planned for Sumter CR 476B/673. And that the big wide portions in the median should be preserved and lined with trees, even with the extra lanes. And yes, the area between the Turnpike and SR 44 should be redesigned too.

mefailenglish

Anyone know anything about these "Scenic Route" signs in Jasper?

NE2

All I can find is http://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/trails/articles/2004/december/city-profile-jasper.html ("Jasper, located along scenic route 41 in north central Florida"). In addition to this sign at the 41-129 split, the Goog shows that the turn downtown is marked both ways, as is the left turn to stay with 41 south of Jasper, so it's probably just US 41 through the county.

DeaconG

The I-95 widening between SR 528 and SR 406 is nearly complete, they're putting up overhead signs now and the repaving on the ramps at SR 407 is pretty much complete, all they really have to do now is restripe and get that third lane open.  The widening project north of SR 406 is hitting it's stride; I only went as far north as SR 46 in Mims (I had to go to Sanford last week) and they're already demolishing the bridge there to begin widening it, as well as tearing up the median between SR 406 and SR 46.

They said they'd be done by June, I think they're going to make it.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

NE2

NE2

I've written a history of SR 436: http://neroute2.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-creation-of-semoran-boulevard.html
Would people prefer to see more detailed histories or a general route log?

Brian556

NE2, the detailed history is very nice. i like it much better than a simple route log. Exellent job!

NE2

Yes, but would you prefer that I concentrate on detailed histories, or do a route log first and then details?

florida

So many roads...so little time.

FLRoads

On my way back from Orlando last Thursday night I noticed a newish-looking state named reassurance marker along Interstate 4 near the 17 mile marker. Has anyone else who travels this stretch ever noticed this? I saw it at night so I could not photograph it but since I am close enough to it now I will probably drive up sometime soon to get a shot of it. As I said its new looking but you never see state named shields on the mainlines of Florida interstates...

agentsteel53

interesting.  can someone grab a photo?  that would be the first new-install mainline shield in a long time: the rest of the new installs all appear to be junction and trailblazer assemblies.

now if only Tennessee would accidentally install a state-named shield.  I believe that is the one place where state-named interstate shields are completely extinct.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alex

Quote from: agentsteel53 on June 03, 2013, 07:49:28 PM
interesting.  can someone grab a photo?  that would be the first new-install mainline shield in a long time: the rest of the new installs all appear to be junction and trailblazer assemblies.

now if only Tennessee would accidentally install a state-named shield.  I believe that is the one place where state-named interstate shields are completely extinct.

Plus Interstate 4 was the only state-name-less 2di in Florida until Brent's shield find.

NE2

realjd

Quote from: Alex on June 03, 2013, 10:19:19 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on June 03, 2013, 07:49:28 PM

Plus Interstate 4 was the only state-name-less 2di in Florida until Brent's shield find.

I would like to point out that the number 4 has only one digit. It is therefore a 1di. :)

florida

Going through the Straight-Line Diagrams one-by-one to download them, and just noticed that the Pinellas County I-275 set has a Proposed SR 686A for the current Roosevelt Blvd routing of SR 686. It seems that when the Roosevelt Bypass is complete, that route will become SR 686 and the former routing will be SR 686A.

http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/straight-linesonline/ViewDocument.aspx/Open/102608
So many roads...so little time.

NJRoadfan

Quote from: florida on June 08, 2013, 06:56:56 AM
Going through the Straight-Line Diagrams one-by-one to download them, and just noticed that the Pinellas County I-275 set has a Proposed SR 686A for the current Roosevelt Blvd routing of SR 686. It seems that when the Roosevelt Bypass is complete, that route will become SR 686 and the former routing will be SR 686A.

Any actual project plans available for this? Curious how they are going to squeeze in a new roadway given how built up that area is.

NE2

Quote from: NJRoadfan on June 09, 2013, 01:33:31 AM
Any actual project plans available for this? Curious how they are going to squeeze in a new roadway given how built up that area is.
http://www.fly2pie.com/media/Projects-Master_Plan/10-Chapter9.pdf pages 5-6. The part connecting to I-275 has already been built.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.