News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Florida

Started by FLRoads, January 21, 2009, 12:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Another question I have is.... Has I-375 gained exit numbers??  Wikipedia and the FDOT Interchange Report both show that it has gained exit numbers for all it's exits EXCEPT for I-275's one.  Has anybody seen this, or have pictures of them?

Alex

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on May 14, 2010, 06:31:10 AM
Another question I have is.... Has I-375 gained exit numbers??  Wikipedia and the FDOT Interchange Report both show that it has gained exit numbers for all it's exits EXCEPT for I-275's one.  Has anybody seen this, or have pictures of them?

They did some sign replacement in 2007 down there, and no exit numbers were added. I highly doubt they will be added going forward.

GSV has high res photography down there now, definitely taken within the last two years, and there are no exit tabs here http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=st.+petersburg,+fl&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=43.443045,107.138672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=St.+Petersburg,+Pinellas,+Florida&ll=27.776994,-82.651327&spn=0.011904,0.034332&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=27.776977,-82.65123&panoid=Cif1uNwFs5TH2xIbwtrh_w&cbp=12,91.79,,0,1.29

rickmastfan67

That's why I asked if they were a recent addition to the highway.  Because it seems odd that they would list exit numbers in the Interchange Report for I-375.  Heck, even the MS&T data shows Exit #1's number.  So, I just don't know what to say.  I-375 in StreetView might have been one of the first to get the HD treatment, so things could have changed.

Also Alex, any opinion on my FL-39A question at the bottom of the previous page?

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: D-Dey65 on April 21, 2010, 12:53:36 AM
I guess I could give it a try.

Hey, while we're on the discussion of I-75 in Florida, I've got two old proposals from FDOT and the Turnpike Enterprise for the redesigning of Exits 328 and 329.

This is the general proposal. If you'd like, I can also post a picture of the wetlands impact map.

Vey nice proposal :)  but I wonder if you could do an edit of your proposed rendering to include a proposed but cancelled extension of FL-91/FL Tpk to Tallahassee?

florida

So many roads...so little time.

rickmastfan67

florida

It's not on the Fed-Aid maps.

[From last July, some pages back in this thread]
Quote-Hillsborough CR 39A is signed as State Route 39A, reassurances and all from I-4 to about SR 574......are they redesignating it as an SR since it's a truck route bypassing downtown Plant City? It's not on the county road system anymore as per the 2008 FHD CD.

rickmastfan67

Alright, for now I'll leave it off, but I'll keep tabs on that encase I need to add it.

D-Dey65

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on May 16, 2010, 09:25:47 AM
Vey nice proposal :)  but I wonder if you could do an edit of your proposed rendering to include a proposed but cancelled extension of FL-91/FL Tpk to Tallahassee?
Sorry, I haven't found anything on that yet.

lamsalfl

I think we'll eventually see a Turnpike extension to Lebanon.  I wish we could extend it as an inland coastal route on the southern edge of Eglin for the Emerald Coast but I know that's just a pipedream.  I would love it if we saw a toll road from I-10 to Panama City if they aren't going to build an interstate.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: D-Dey65 on May 18, 2010, 09:53:23 AM
Sorry, I haven't found anything on that yet.

The only thing about the extension to Lebanon is at a back-up copy of Mike Natale's toll road site located at the Internet archive http://web.archive.org/web/19990209002454/www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~mn2n/tollfl.html

Just fixed the quote.

D-Dey65

Here's a sign I'd like to see on the northwestbound lane of US 98 next to the Suncoast Trail Head near the current end of Suncoast Parkway.

Left-turn access to the trailhead has been relocated west of the driveway since the road was widened to four lanes between the Suncoast Parkway and US 19, so this sign would be a good idea. I tried to suggest it to FDOT #7, but they turned it down.

florida

Are any of these still around?

xcellntbuy

Plenty of the green toll-type FL 869 signs in Broward.  What are rare are the Sawgrass Expressway signs with the frog logo.

florida

Thought they would be rare like the frog logos. I do have a picture of the frog one from Coral Springs (the only one I've ever seen down there).

xcellntbuy

The intersection where I believe your picture was taken is northbound University Drive approaching West Sample Road, the center of Coral Springs.

When this intersection was greatly enhanced with new turning lanes a couple of years ago, the original frog signage for the Sawgrass Expressway was taken down and the green toll-type Sawgrass signs were erected.

You will find that there is a mish-mash of signs identifying the Sawgrass/FL 869, with most of the newest signs on the Expressway itself with the green TOLL bar and the white/black Florida graphic for FL 869 with a rounded bottom.  When the Sawgrass Expressway was widened from four to six lanes, nearly all the signs were replaced and mileage-based exits are in place.

Many of the Sawgrass signs at the exit ramps were heavily damaged during Hurricane Wilma (October 24, 2005), toppling completely, including the VERY substantial gantry AND poles.  There was a huge junk pile of broken, bent, smashed signs, crossbars, sign lights and gantries deposited at the exit ramps for US 441 and the Sawgrass from 2005-2006 and it took more than a year to replace all the signs.

florida

Quote from: xcellntbuy on June 24, 2010, 02:10:50 PM
The intersection where I believe your picture was taken is northbound University Drive approaching West Sample Road, the center of Coral Springs.

When this intersection was greatly enhanced with new turning lanes a couple of years ago, the original frog signage for the Sawgrass Expressway was taken down and the green toll-type Sawgrass signs were erected.

Exactly where it was. I wasn't sure if the signs were still around so I didn't want to give specifics ;) Thanks for the update. Did they also replace all the SR 817 & SR 834 signage at the intersection, too?

You will find that there is a mish-mash of signs identifying the Sawgrass/FL 869, with most of the newest signs on the Expressway itself with the green TOLL bar and the white/black Florida graphic for FL 869 with a rounded bottom.  When the Sawgrass Expressway was widened from four to six lanes, nearly all the signs were replaced and mileage-based exits are in place.

Many of the Sawgrass signs at the exit ramps were heavily damaged during Hurricane Wilma (October 24, 2005), toppling completely, including the VERY substantial gantry AND poles.  There was a huge junk pile of broken, bent, smashed signs, crossbars, sign lights and gantries deposited at the exit ramps for US 441 and the Sawgrass from 2005-2006 and it took more than a year to replace all the signs.

That would have been a nice pile to go digging through. The white on green signs are being phased out? Do the replacement signs still list the state road shields on them (even though no state routes touch the Sawgrass)?

xcellntbuy

Yes, all the signs at the intersection of FL 817 and FL 834 have been replaced.

The new Sawgrass Expressway BGS all indicate Florida state route numbers that are not signed all the way to the highway.  Even the US 441 interchange indicates the unsigned FL 7.

The green with white letters signs remain at most of the entrance points.  BGS for the entrances to the Sawgrass have the newer map graphic with the TOLL bar.

florida

Quote from: xcellntbuy on June 24, 2010, 05:18:52 PM
The new Sawgrass Expressway BGS all indicate Florida state route numbers that are not signed all the way to the highway.  Even the US 441 interchange indicates the unsigned FL 7.

I think Commercial Blvd (or some other road in the area) has overhead BGSs indicating FL 7 with no mention of US 441 on them. Also, thanks for all the answers.

xcellntbuy

Yes, the new overhead sign gantries at US 441 and Commercial Blvd indicate only the unsigned FL 7.

D-Dey65

Has anybody been on US 441 at the interchange with FL 46?

There are no BGS's and no sign gantries. What's up with that?

:confused:  :-/

florida

The US 441/FL 46 interchange has always been like that for as long as I've known.

Went to the Daytona Beach area yesterday and this is what was sighted...

-Construction on US 1, removing the existing median and rebuilding it (possibly) similar to what has been done north of US 92, is underway from FL 400 to Magnolia Ave (one block south of US 92). Traffic lanes have been shifted into the right lane and its parking spots that were along the sides of the highway. A couple intersections have had an extra traffic signal attached, in each direction, to the spanwires because of that.

-Dunn Avenue is being extended westward to I-95. Not sure if there is going to be interchange, or how they'll do it, because Tomoka Farms Road runs very close on the west side of I-95.

-Widening of Williamson Blvd (CR 4009) is underway from Dunn Avenue to LPGA Blvd (CR 4017).

-On south-bound US 1 at FL 400, they've replaced the overheads with three huge, separate panels. One is a directional for FL 400 and the other two are trailblazers for I-4 and I-95. On north-bound US 1, the spanwire sign assembly has been removed and nothing has been put up as a replacement, so when you are approaching FL 400, there is only a JCT assembly and that's it.

-On US 1 north at FL 421/FL A1A, the overhead BGS has been replaced with three separate panels. Two are directionals for FL 421 and FL A1A, and in the middle is a trailblazer for I-95.

-On US 92 west of Daytona, where the connection to I-4 is, the old-style US 92 pull-through overhead has been replaced with two huge panels. One is a directional for I-4 and the other is a pull-through for US 92.

-An "I-4 Ends 1 1/2 miles" ground-mounted BGS has been put up on I-4 east-bound.

FLRoads

Quote from: florida on July 02, 2010, 07:38:10 PM
-An "I-4 Ends 1 1/2 miles" ground-mounted BGS has been put up on I-4 east-bound.
Wow! It's nice to hear that Interstate 4 now has somewhat a mention of an end (though most know where it does end...) :)

florida

Quote from: flaroadgeek on July 04, 2010, 09:39:26 AM
Wow! It's nice to hear that Interstate 4 now has somewhat a mention of an end (though most know where it does end...) :)

They must've had to make a quick decision on it since the "I-295 Ends" sign will have to be revoked soon enough. (I didn't get pictures because I wasn't expecting it.)

D-Dey65

The US 441/FL 46 interchange has always been like that for as long as I've known.

It's still a bad idea. I had to cross two lanes of traffic to get to the ramp. I'm going to write to FDOT #5 about it.

Any idea how long it was up? Because I drove through there in early June and there's a good chance I didn't pay too much attention to it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.