News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads Chat

Started by Alex, November 30, 2012, 09:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corco

Ahhhhhhhhhhh it worked last night but now it doesn't work again

vtk

Quote from: NE2 on October 04, 2013, 12:12:39 PM
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/chat/flashchat.php
Completely empty file.

We don't know that.  It could be a PHP script containing a significant amount of code which produces no output.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

NE2

Quote from: vtk on October 04, 2013, 02:20:51 PM
Completely empty file.

It could be a PHP script containing a significant amount of code which produces a completely empty file.

Indeed.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bandit957

It doesn't work for me right now (during the former 'Sesame Street' hour).
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

vtk

Completely empty file.

We don't know that.  It could be a PHP script containing a significant amount of code which produces no output.

Quote from: NE2 on October 04, 2013, 02:35:13 PM
Completely empty file.

It could be a PHP script containing a significant amount of code which produces a completely empty file.

Indeed.

Again, we disagree on terminology.  I don't believe the response to an HTTP request is itself a "file" unless the client decides to save a copy.  However, having stated what I believe to be the root of the disagreement, I have no interest in a protracted public argument on the matter.

hotdogPi

If you take out the .php at the end, it starts to load and then goes white.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

vtk

@NE2: I think I may have initially missed the point of you misquoting me. It is now apparent to me that you probably didn't intend to assert that the PHP file on the server was empty.  This makes arguing even more pointless.

Alex

It works again for now...

Post Merge: October 05, 2013, 04:29:39 PM

Encountered a serious problem with the chat software, so it will be disabled for the time being.

Post Merge: October 05, 2013, 04:29:35 PM

And I have removed the software due to security concerns and will work on finding a (better) replacement.

NE2

"Security concerns" means that the coolness of pooing has been classified.

Keep up the good work on finding a poo-free replacement, and if there's none in time for this month's trivia, we'll work something out.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

route56

I decided to set up a "AARoads Chat in exile" at #roadgeek on the DALnet IRC network. Those without a IRC client can go to dal.net to use their web client.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Alps

Quote from: route56 on October 07, 2013, 08:08:30 PM
I decided to set up a "AARoads Chat in exile" at #roadgeek on the DALnet IRC network. Those without a IRC client can go to dal.net to use their web client.
Cool people are doing it on Facebook. If you're sure or not sure about your coolness, drop me a line.

route56

Quote from: Steve on October 07, 2013, 08:15:06 PM
Cool people are doing it on Facebook. If you're sure or not sure about your coolness, drop me a line.

Facebook chat bips. It is not user-friendly
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

vtk

Some people refuse to join Facebook.

Alps

Quote from: route56 on October 07, 2013, 09:12:02 PM
Quote from: Steve on October 07, 2013, 08:15:06 PM

Facebook chat bips. It is not user-friendly
First of all, you're not allowed to use the word "bips." Second of all, it's totally rad.

Molandfreak

Not seeing correct usage of the term "bips" by any definition here. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bips
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

NE2

bugo

"Bips" means "sucks".  "Pibs" means "kicks ass".

Molandfreak

Quote from: bugo on October 08, 2013, 11:43:54 AM
"Bips" means "sucks".  "Pibs" means "kicks ass".
Mr. Pibb kicks Dr. Pepper's ass
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Molandfreak

Hey, it's been quite a while without an update. Did you (Alex, Steve) get any suggestions for chat clients yet?

Alex

Quote from: Molandfreak on October 28, 2013, 05:28:53 PM
Hey, it's been quite a while without an update. Did you (Alex, Steve) get any suggestions for chat clients yet?

Not a one.

vtk

Maybe if some of us had an idea of exactly what's required of an acceptable chat solution (example: forum login integration?) and the nature of the security problem with the old one...

Alex

Quote from: vtk on October 28, 2013, 08:08:12 PM
Maybe if some of us had an idea of exactly what's required of an acceptable chat solution (example: forum login integration?) and the nature of the security problem with the old one...

One that can be intergrated with SMF. Steve would be up for a chat without login integration,  either here or at his site. The previous program was from 2009 and had virtually no security.

Alex

Thanks to the recommendation of cu2010, we have a chat suite again for the board.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/chat

Log on and try it out!

Molandfreak

Thanks, cu2010!

BTW Alex, if it's not too much trouble, could you put a tab in the forum linking to the new chatroom? That makes it easier for new members to find.

Alex

Quote from: Molandfreak on November 07, 2013, 11:58:35 PM
Thanks, cu2010!

BTW Alex, if it's not too much trouble, could you put a tab in the forum linking to the new chatroom? That makes it easier for new members to find.

James is going to readd the tab.
FYI, This new platform also includes mobile functionality,  something the old one did not have.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.