News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark68

Quote from: US 89 on May 23, 2019, 01:21:31 AM
Quote from: thspfc on May 22, 2019, 07:48:34 PM
Quote from: Mark68 on May 22, 2019, 06:31:56 PM
In town. The mountains got hammered.

I heard that in Colorado Springs, they got a foot plus.
That's crazy. I wish the ski resorts could reopen for massive spring storms, but I don't think they can since all the ski patrol and lifties are part time.

Snowbird, Utah stays open on weekends as long as there's snow. Most years there's enough snow to open into mid/late May, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed open into June this year given the recent weather patterns. After the massive 2010-11 winter, they were open as late as July 4th.

Arapahoe Basin is scheduled to remain open until June 9. Breckenridge is closing Monday. Purgatory is open weekends only with closing date TBD.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

thspfc

A-Basin on June 9??? I suppose it's extremely high altitude helps it stay open longer, but June is a summer month. That's crazy!

Mark68

Quote from: thspfc on May 23, 2019, 06:29:36 PM
A-Basin on June 9??? I suppose it's extremely high altitude helps it stay open longer, but June is a summer month. That's crazy!

Usually A-Basin & Loveland compete for last one closed. Loveland is already closed, but both have been known on occasion to stay open as late as July 4th weekend.

CNGL-Leudimin

Currently raining. We've had a crazy May so far, with a couple days reaching the mid 80s, followed by a front bringing rain and a sharp temperature drop, and again.
Quote from: Mark68 on May 23, 2019, 07:04:08 PM
Quote from: thspfc on May 23, 2019, 06:29:36 PM

Usually A-Basin & Loveland compete for last one closed. Loveland is already closed, but both have been known on occasion to stay open as late as July 4th weekend.

That is so late, it is actually the following ski year (which I consider to start July 1st), akin to the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season which ended on "Undecimber" (January 2006). Ski resorts in my area close no later than late April, due to a combination of lower altitude and a warmer climate.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Hurricane Rex

Way to boring, way to dry to report anything. Just above normal by 10 degrees and no rain. Granted we have more rain in this May compared to last May.

SM-J737T

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Bruce

The Puget Sound region is under a layer of haze that is basically high-flying smoke from the wildfires in Alberta. Those damn Canadians!

https://twitter.com/MorganKIRO7/status/1133958150313238529

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on May 30, 2019, 04:54:09 PM
The Puget Sound region is under a layer of haze that is basically high-flying smoke from the wildfires in Alberta. Those damn Canadians!

Blame Canada!

Actually a nice day down here...

https://twitter.com/jakeroot/status/1134265222548533249

MNHighwayMan

I remember back in September 2017 where particulate from wildfires reached all the way to Iowa, and made the sky yellow during the afternoon. This picture was taken from my back yard, shortly after noon. I don't remember if this was from fires in California or Canada (or both).

After dealing with the threat of severe weather for the past two weeks, the next few days are currently forecast to be pretty calm. A change of pace is good, I guess.

Mark68

Mostly sunny and 74. Expecting a high of 76. Pretty much a perfect day!

ET21

Yeah we had a smokey sunrise too and there's a haze to the sky. On better news we're finally dry after breaking the wettest May record... AGAIN
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

thspfc

Hottest day of the year today in Wisconsin - 85 degrees, but it's humid and breezy, meaning a t-storm is coming tonight.

Mark68

Been hot (80s) and humid (by Colorado standards) the last few days, but the mugginess led to some pretty strong to severe storms on Saturday & Monday (they seemed to form farther east on Sunday).

Max Rockatansky

Supposed to be 97F today and 102F tomorrow in the Fresno area.  The crappy part is that even 4-5 AM is little refuge from the heat, supposedly it will be 75F when I get up for my morning run.

US 89

For once, we've been having some exciting weather here in Salt Lake. A severe thunderstorm watch has been in effect for most of the afternoon/evening, with several severe thunderstorm warnings in the area through the course of the day. They started out as individual storms out on the west deserts with more of a hail risk, but then organized into a line with damaging winds as they moved east. There's also been a few non-severe storms with plenty of lightning and rain.

Several reports of severe wind (58+ mph gusts), and a semi blew over on I-80 out west.

Mark68

Driving to Vegas tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to miss a really strong front on Saturday. Looks like it's supposed to dump a lot of rain and drop temps a good 20+ degrees.

Meanwhile, it looks to be a typical summer week I'll be "enjoying" in Vegas.

thspfc

Things have settled down weather-wise here, after a weird spring that saw us get snow on the last weekend of April. On a side note, when I drove past Granite Peak Ski Area in Wausau Memorial day weekend, there was quite a bit of snow still up on the mountain. Pretty unusual, but not that surprising since the mountain never really gets directly hit by the sun.

Hurricane Rex

90s are coming soon the the Willamette Valley with 100 in the range of possibility.

SM-J737T

Running till I die.

bing101

bing101

Max Rockatansky

I'm getting the feeling that every fire no matter how minor is getting blown into a full on news story this year in California. 

Hurricane Rex

Hello heat advisory. I totally did not miss you and will suffer on the track this Wednesday.

SM-J737T

Running till I die.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 09, 2019, 08:22:44 PM
I’m getting the feeling that every fire no matter how minor is getting blown into a full on news story this year in California. 

I don't think the reporting is any different.  The difference is people will be looking out for the stories more, and like the above reposting the stories. But otherwise, usually any forest fire has always been reported.

US 89

Yesterday in Salt Lake we had a marginal risk of severe thunderstorms, but it was more like a slight risk in terms of warnings and storm reports. The Salt Lake airport had a wind gust to 68 mph, so several flights were diverted to places like Boise, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, or even Great Falls. Several other instances of severe winds and hail were observed across the region as well.

Some strong thunderstorms are possible again today, though the event looks to be a bit less significant than yesterday's.

ET21

Gorgeous day today, mid 70s and full sun
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Hurricane Rex

Welcome to boring. 75 plus or minus five and partly cloudy (edit) for the next week likely.

Running till I die.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.