News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkt

40 F and light rain, changing to a mix of snow and rain later.  No accumulation expected.

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on December 24, 2021, 08:37:39 PM
40 F and light rain, changing to a mix of snow and rain later.  No accumulation expected.

But late in the day tomorrow, definitely looking at some accumulation. I'm finally living east of the 405...I swear I better see some good accumulation.

KEVIN_224

Getting a bit of minor icing here in the Connecticut River Valley. Almost none in the north end of Middletown, but may be a bigger deal to the north around Enfield and the Massachusetts border.

A year ago today, we had close to 2.4" of rain at Hartford's Brainard Airport (HFD).

I think Central Park was at least 70 degrees on this day in 2015.

kkt

Quote from: jakeroot on December 25, 2021, 12:15:54 AM

But late in the day tomorrow, definitely looking at some accumulation. I'm finally living east of the 405...I swear I better see some good accumulation.

The National Weather Service and Cliff Mass are saying no accumulation today.  Cold enough after the cold front comes through this afternoon, but not enough precipitation.  Tomorrow, maybe.

Bruce

Snowing and sticking in north Snohomish County. Still only an inch or so, but should pile up overnight with temps in the 20s.

Roadgeekteen

White Christmas? Not so much. It rained most of the day on Christmas.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

D-Dey65

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 24, 2021, 06:30:02 PM
Meanwhile, we had a high of 80° here today and a forecasted high of 72° for Christmas Day. Suck it, Bing Crosby.
:-D I forget what the temperature was here yesterday, but it wasn't super-hot like that. Right now, it's 53 degrees and not raining.

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on December 25, 2021, 03:35:59 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on December 25, 2021, 12:15:54 AM

The National Weather Service and Cliff Mass are saying no accumulation today.  Cold enough after the cold front comes through this afternoon, but not enough precipitation.  Tomorrow, maybe.

So much for maybe  :-D

There was snow on the ground (about an inch) in Puyallup on Christmas Day. Waking up to a very white Boxing Day here in King County, with lots of snow still falling.

NWI_Irish96

No snow on the ground in Chicago on Christmas isn't particularly unusual, but this is the first year since weather records have been kept that there was never any snow on the ground in Chicago at any time before Christmas.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

CoreySamson

Christmas here in Houston was, as expected, hot and windy. 82 degrees and not expected to get much cooler until the new year. The low tomorrow night will be an unDecember-esque 70 degrees. No rain in the 2 week forecast, either.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

Quote from: D-Dey65 on December 26, 2021, 06:50:51 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 24, 2021, 06:30:02 PM
Meanwhile, we had a high of 80° here today and a forecasted high of 72° for Christmas Day. Suck it, Bing Crosby.
:-D I forget what the temperature was here yesterday, but it wasn't super-hot like that.

I have a fly in my house. In December.

The 21st century sucks.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

gonealookin

At my house, about 22 inches of snow have fallen, starting around 2 p.m. Christmas Day through waking up this morning.  I'm at around 6500' so well below the mountain passes.  After a lull during the day today we have a forecast of more than a foot additional falling this evening through Monday, so the midpoint of the 28-48 inch forecast from a couple days ago looks like a good guess.

Caltrans District 3 has announced that I-80 over the Sierra is closed *at least* until Monday.  US 50 and CA 88 are also closed at this time.  Holiday visitors are pretty much stuck in the Tahoe Basin.  For anybody who absolutely had to make it between Tahoe and Sacramento/Bay Area today, my suggestion would be US 395 north from Reno, CA 36 west from Susanville to Red Bluff and then I-5 south.

CoolAngrybirdsrio4

Renewed roadgeek

kkt

About 27 F and 4" of snow on the ground around NE 65th St. in Seattle.  Snow still falling.  As of now it's light powder, but expect icing overnight.

I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass is reported open but subject to delays for removal of icicles from roadsigns.

jakeroot

Around 7 to 8 inches of snow on the ground in the upper elevations of Renton/Newcastle, WA (on the other (east) side of Lake Washington from Seattle), and very cold. About 21°F. Dropping down to low teens tonight.

I don't think this much snow was forecast, but it's neat. Went on a nice walk earlier, the plows are out but not in droves.

The next few days look very cold, won't get above freezing until Thursday at the earliest. This is quite a cold stretch for the Seattle region.

7/8

It rained on Christmas and melted most of our snow, but it looks like it'll be back starting tomorrow. The temperature for the next few days is supposed to stay close to 0 C (32 F).

Bruce

8 inches of snow in northern Snohomish County, and plenty of cold to go along with it. High winds helped whip up the snow into a real mess on the roads.

Roadgeekteen

MikieTimT

Sunny and 62.  Love the lack of having to pay for heating.

KEK Inc.

Ice rink on the roads today.  I skied to work.  Balmy 15° this morning.  Not looking forward to walking up the hill later today.

iPhone
Take the road less traveled.

CoolAngrybirdsrio4

39° and fog, fog everywhere.
Renewed roadgeek

kevinb1994

Quote from: CoolAngrybirdsrio4 on December 27, 2021, 05:46:13 PM
39° and fog, fog everywhere.
We have had dense fog advisories on occasion here. Usually Alexa will tell us.

gonealookin

I cleared the 22" of snow from the Saturday-Sunday storm and went to bed on Sunday night, then woke up to another huge pile this morning.  It finally stopped around noon, and this last storm was an "overproducer" with about 25".  The combination of those two storms is why you're seeing all the extended road closures in the Sierra.  With both these storms the temperature was between about 22°F and 28°F which is colder than usual for Sierra snowstorms, so the snow is very powdery, easy to move with a shovel or snowblower but also easy to move with gusty winds.

Bruce

Quote from: gonealookin on December 27, 2021, 11:22:48 PM
With both these storms the temperature was between about 22°F and 28°F which is colder than usual for Sierra snowstorms, so the snow is very powdery, easy to move with a shovel or snowblower but also easy to move with gusty winds.

Very much the same here in the Pacific Northwest. Loving this snow compared to our normal wet concrete mix, since it's actually possible to clear it off surfaces.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.