User Content > Photos, Videos, and More

New York State Roads

<< < (18/19) > >>

roadwaywiz95:
Your website has evidently been very helpful recently here in DOT Region 8 circles. A colleague who works in my field office (former TCI turned Junior Engineer) has been doing some preliminary work on an upcoming ramp-related project on the Hutchinson River Parkway and was utilizing your site's exit listings as a means of approximating distances between exits and around the service station near the North Street exit (probably for forthcoming WZTC purposes). Our work has real-life applications outside of this community and it's always neat to see professionals in my field utilizing our research & websites to their benefit. Keep up the good work!

empirestate:

--- Quote from: roadwaywiz95 on July 22, 2022, 09:23:03 AM ---Your website has evidently been very helpful recently here in DOT Region 8 circles. A colleague who works in my field office (former TCI turned Junior Engineer) has been doing some preliminary work on an upcoming ramp-related project on the Hutchinson River Parkway and was utilizing your site's exit listings as a means of approximating distances between exits and around the service station near the North Street exit (probably for forthcoming WZTC purposes). Our work has real-life applications outside of this community and it's always neat to see professionals in my field utilizing our research & websites to their benefit. Keep up the good work!

--- End quote ---

Yes! That happens from time to time—information from my own site also made it into some NYSDOT materials about reference markers once. (Fortunately my info was itself derived from earlier NYSDOT publications.) And I know it's happened to others as well. Good to know what we do isn't entirely useless! :-)

vdeane:

--- Quote from: roadwaywiz95 on July 22, 2022, 09:23:03 AM ---Your website has evidently been very helpful recently here in DOT Region 8 circles. A colleague who works in my field office (former TCI turned Junior Engineer) has been doing some preliminary work on an upcoming ramp-related project on the Hutchinson River Parkway and was utilizing your site's exit listings as a means of approximating distances between exits and around the service station near the North Street exit (probably for forthcoming WZTC purposes). Our work has real-life applications outside of this community and it's always neat to see professionals in my field utilizing our research & websites to their benefit. Keep up the good work!

--- End quote ---
Nice!

I remember a presentation in the Highway Data Services conference on references for research and "roadgeek websites" was one of the items (and the head of the unit at the time was aware of mine).  I also have a binder on the local reference routes in Region 1 and the first couple pages are a printout of the Empire State Roads page listing the Region 1 reference routes!

vdeane:
This month, I updated the I-86 upgrade page and added the Schenectady/Amsterdam meet page.  I also added photos for NY 7, NY 146, I-787/NY 787, NY 32, US 9, US 20, US 4, Berkshire Spur, NY 81, I-890/NY 890, NY 5, NY 5S, NY 103, NY 30, and NY 67.

https://nysroads.com

vdeane:
This week, I added photos as follows:
-New Jersey: NJ 18, Garden State Parkway, Atlantic City Expressway, Atlantic City-Brigantine Connector, NJ 42, NJ 90, I-76, I-676, NJ 324, and US 322
-Pennsylvania: Betsy Ross Bridge, I-95, I-76, US 1, US 13, I-676, US 322, PA 291, and PA 611

https://nysroads.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version