News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Damaged Signs

Started by Ian, July 23, 2009, 08:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Android

I like photos where there's an old sign emerging from under where a new sign has blown off.  

Here's one from a couple of years ago from my neck of the woods. In the top corner I put a small snap of it undamaged.  

EDIT:

Yesterday I was down that way and I spotted a shiny new Clearview sign which I thought was a replacement for the one above.  I was wrong, it was the 1-mile approach sign that was new.  The LEFT LANE sign, well either they removed or the wind blew off another panel from it and they left it that way.   

-Andy T. Not much of a fan of Clearview

Duke87

So, we had a nasty storm blow through here Saturday night with near hurricane-force winds. There were a few casualties...
Here's a couple from the Hutchinson River Parkway:

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

joseph1723

Here's another one:

Another sign that got blown off revealing a older blue sign underneath.

Quote from: joseph1723 on January 10, 2010, 07:00:17 PM
Here's a old one:
This one dates to before metric conversion during the late 70's as you can see the "M" from the old "MILES" text peeking out. The original sign bridge is long gone though.
Speaking of blown off signs this one got fixed recently.

bugo

agentsteel53

Quote from: Android on January 15, 2010, 06:56:37 PM
I like photos where there's an old sign emerging from under where a new sign has blown off.  

Here's one from a couple of years ago from my neck of the woods. In the top corner I put a small snap of it undamaged.  

that's a great looking sign... with the original, 1961-spec US-26 shield revealed!  I hope they keep it that way at least a little while longer.  The classic shields are disappearing quickly in Wyoming.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

WNYroadgeek

Now I know why this sign was replaced with a Clearview one.

mightyace

Quote from: WNYroadgeek on March 18, 2010, 09:48:57 PM

Well, it had to be replaced, yes.  But, why did it have to be Clearview?
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

corco

The 26 sign looked like that as early as August, so I'd guess there's no rush to replace it

Hellfighter

touche...  :D

Android

Quote from: corco on March 18, 2010, 10:01:32 PM
The 26 sign looked like that as early as August, so I'd guess there's no rush to replace it

Yeah, it was still that way last Friday. But I'm sure it'll go Clearview eventually like the 1-mile sign did though.  *sigh*
-Andy T. Not much of a fan of Clearview

Michael

Quote from: WNYroadgeek on March 18, 2010, 09:48:57 PM

Oh, great.  NYSDOT is adopting Clearview.  In The Clearview Thread, I mentioned another instance where new signs for Half Acre Road at NY 5/US-20 were in Clearview. :banghead:

shoptb1

Quote from: Android on March 18, 2010, 10:58:01 PM
Yeah, it was still that way last Friday. But I'm sure it'll go Clearview eventually like the 1-mile sign did though.  *sigh*

Yes, it's happening.  Clearview is happening people! muhahahahahaahahahahah 

I have a feeling there will be much-b!tching for the next 5-10 years.  :)

cu2010

Quote from: Michael on March 19, 2010, 12:51:38 PM
Oh, great.  NYSDOT is adopting Clearview.  In The Clearview Thread, I mentioned another instance where new signs for Half Acre Road at NY 5/US-20 were in Clearview. :banghead:

That looks like a NYSTA sign...which would explain the Clearview.

I could be wrong, though.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Michael

It may be NYSTA, because it's just at the end of the concrete pavement of the toll plaza, as seen in Google Street View.  Street View captured the Clearview sign.

Ian

Unfortunately, these original beauties have been recently hit by a truck. I-95 southbound in Calverton, MD:
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

agentsteel53

Quote from: PennDOTFan on April 04, 2010, 11:26:35 PM
Unfortunately, these original beauties have been recently hit by a truck. I-95 southbound in Calverton, MD:

rats!  A few weeks ago I was there and got a photo of the uncovered button-copy 212 shield.  The 212 shield on the right is a patch over the older button copy.  I had not known that Maryland did that until I saw the uncovered example with a shadow of the former patch.  I'll have to upload the photo; though I was there at night... the daylight photo is a much better one than mine.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

hbelkins

This is how they looked back in October...

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

LeftyJR

Quote from: hbelkins on April 06, 2010, 12:18:22 AM
This is how they looked back in October...

That must have been one TALL truck!

KillerTux

I have had my eye on that MD212. Talked to a SHA crew that said it was going to be replaced within the month and it is beyond repair and can't be recycled. A dump truck with the bed up hit it. I will see if maybe that 212 sign goes missing from the scrap pile  :spin: There is a BGS with I-95 sign near by and it is a patch over too.

Alex

Of all the signs to get hit...

exit322

It's clear the trucker was not a fan of button copy.

Brandon

Quote from: exit322 on April 06, 2010, 11:57:57 AM

Jerk probably liked Clearview.  :colorful:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

shoptb1

Quote from: Brandon on April 06, 2010, 01:50:53 PM

I probably did it in my sleep....muhahahaahahahah!

Scott5114

Quote from: shoptb1 on April 06, 2010, 02:01:01 PM
Quote from: Brandon on April 06, 2010, 01:50:53 PM

I probably did it in my sleep....muhahahaahahahah!

If you did, Jake will surely ban you. :spin:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Hellfighter

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.