Truckers' bottles of urine pose problem for North Dakota

Started by 1995hoo, March 26, 2012, 01:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

The following story about North Dakota having a problem with truckers' waste appeared on WTOP here in the DC area today. Nasty stuff.

"What stinks? Bizarre trash collects near oil patch"
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Sykotyk

Confine people to a small cube without facilities and possibly hours until a bathroom (if at all) and this happens. Especially when 'public urination' is usually a much bigger crime than littering (human waste or not).

allniter89

Sadly, it's not just in ND either, it's a major nationwide problem!  :no:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

M86

While I love progress, I can't imagine what the oil industry has done up there.  It seems every news story is negative about it. 

Crime is up, littering is up...

The roads are taking a beating as well... Even though highways in ND are typically in very good condition.  Capacity-wise, there will probably need to be improvements (US 85 comes to mind).  Growing up in SD, I was always impressed on ND's expressways... US 2 is 4 lane from Grand Forks to Williston (clear across the state), and US 83 is 4 lane from Minot to Bismarck.

Brandon

Quote from: allniter89 on March 27, 2012, 12:20:24 AM
Sadly, it's not just in ND either, it's a major nationwide problem!  :no:

Yep.  Makes one wonder if more rest areas along the freeways and even 2-lanes might help.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

bugo

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bugo

Quote from: allniter89 on April 09, 2012, 01:54:17 AM
YES, many drivers, myself included have peed in a gatorade bottle or milk jug (I need to use a large mouth gatorade bottle ;-).

Those who brag the loudest are usually the ones who shouldn't be bragging at all.

And why do you care what a bunch of mostly nerdy guys think of the size of your junk?  Seems a little bit creepy to me...

Alps

I need to use a large mouth bottle too. If you've ever started to pee and accidentally created a seal, you would never make that mistake again.

allniter89

QuoteI need to use a large mouth bottle too. If you've ever started to pee and accidentally created a seal, you would never make that mistake again.

Yep, btdt.  :bigass:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Brian556

Quote from Steve aka "The Situation"
QuoteI need to use a large mouth bottle too. If you've ever started to pee and accidentally created a seal, you would never make that mistake again.

Now your starting to sound like The Situation (TM)..LOL

F350

Wanna know something worse? Some truckers drill a hole in the floorboard, slip a length of hose through it, and use it to piss/shit all over their trucks/roads.

agentsteel53

Quote from: F350 on April 16, 2012, 07:57:33 PM
Wanna know something worse? Some truckers drill a hole in the floorboard, slip a length of hose through it, and use it to piss/shit all over their trucks/roads.

that's not too bad.  it will wash off.  it's the plastic bottle, not the urine/feces, that is the main problem.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 16, 2012, 08:03:49 PM
Quote from: F350 on April 16, 2012, 07:57:33 PM

that's not too bad.  it will wash off.  it's the plastic bottle, not the urine/feces, that is the main problem.

Actually, the combination of both. The plastic bottle itself, nobody has a problem with picking up. If someone pees/shits in the grass, it's not a problem since nature will take care of it. Putting them together...well, then you have a bottle that must be disposed of but nobody wants to touch because it's a biohazard.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

I suppose it's true then that pooing is cruel. In some cases.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

texaskdog

Alex

texaskdog

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.