News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Truckers' bottles of urine pose problem for North Dakota

Started by 1995hoo, March 26, 2012, 01:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

The following story about North Dakota having a problem with truckers' waste appeared on WTOP here in the DC area today. Nasty stuff.

"What stinks? Bizarre trash collects near oil patch"
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Sykotyk

Confine people to a small cube without facilities and possibly hours until a bathroom (if at all) and this happens. Especially when 'public urination' is usually a much bigger crime than littering (human waste or not).

allniter89

Sadly, it's not just in ND either, it's a major nationwide problem!  :no:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

M86

While I love progress, I can't imagine what the oil industry has done up there.  It seems every news story is negative about it. 

Crime is up, littering is up...

The roads are taking a beating as well... Even though highways in ND are typically in very good condition.  Capacity-wise, there will probably need to be improvements (US 85 comes to mind).  Growing up in SD, I was always impressed on ND's expressways... US 2 is 4 lane from Grand Forks to Williston (clear across the state), and US 83 is 4 lane from Minot to Bismarck.

Brandon

Quote from: allniter89 on March 27, 2012, 12:20:24 AM
Sadly, it's not just in ND either, it's a major nationwide problem!  :no:

Yep.  Makes one wonder if more rest areas along the freeways and even 2-lanes might help.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

bugo

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bugo

Quote from: allniter89 on April 09, 2012, 01:54:17 AM
YES, many drivers, myself included have peed in a gatorade bottle or milk jug (I need to use a large mouth gatorade bottle ;-).

Those who brag the loudest are usually the ones who shouldn't be bragging at all.

And why do you care what a bunch of mostly nerdy guys think of the size of your junk?  Seems a little bit creepy to me...

Alps

I need to use a large mouth bottle too. If you've ever started to pee and accidentally created a seal, you would never make that mistake again.

allniter89

QuoteI need to use a large mouth bottle too. If you've ever started to pee and accidentally created a seal, you would never make that mistake again.

Yep, btdt.  :bigass:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Brian556

Quote from Steve aka "The Situation"
QuoteI need to use a large mouth bottle too. If you've ever started to pee and accidentally created a seal, you would never make that mistake again.

Now your starting to sound like The Situation (TM)..LOL

F350

Wanna know something worse? Some truckers drill a hole in the floorboard, slip a length of hose through it, and use it to piss/shit all over their trucks/roads.

agentsteel53

Quote from: F350 on April 16, 2012, 07:57:33 PM
Wanna know something worse? Some truckers drill a hole in the floorboard, slip a length of hose through it, and use it to piss/shit all over their trucks/roads.

that's not too bad.  it will wash off.  it's the plastic bottle, not the urine/feces, that is the main problem.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 16, 2012, 08:03:49 PM
Quote from: F350 on April 16, 2012, 07:57:33 PM

that's not too bad.  it will wash off.  it's the plastic bottle, not the urine/feces, that is the main problem.

Actually, the combination of both. The plastic bottle itself, nobody has a problem with picking up. If someone pees/shits in the grass, it's not a problem since nature will take care of it. Putting them together...well, then you have a bottle that must be disposed of but nobody wants to touch because it's a biohazard.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

I suppose it's true then that pooing is cruel. In some cases.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

texaskdog

Alex

texaskdog

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.