News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2012 NASCAR Season

Started by Takumi, February 17, 2012, 04:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanesFan27

Quote from: rawmustard on April 11, 2012, 03:15:48 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on April 11, 2012, 12:53:02 PM
Quote from: CanesFan27 on April 11, 2012, 10:30:34 AM
I went to my first NASCAR Race since 1999 earlier this month.

Photos from the Goody's 500 in Martinsville, VA
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamontheroad/sets/72157629390468760/

Looks like a great time!

Too bad you didn't catch any Norfolk Southern trains going by the track during the race.

Mike

He didn't have the vantage point as he was shooting from Turn 2 (the railroad being to his back). I do recall a train going by during the telecast.

Nor would it be that much of a deal to me personally if one did.  Plus, it is trenched pretty well below the grandstand level and would be difficult to see.

Takumi

I've never been to Martinsville during a race weekend (just on the way to Greensboro once), but it is a nice track.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Takumi

Marcos Ambrose set a pole speed of 203.241 MPH, the fastest in NASCAR since 1987, for today's Michigan race.

Oh, and some Dale guy won the race.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

formulanone

I've always been surprised that MIS is not a restrictor-plate track, even though it's only 2.0 miles, its continually high banks have always made it nearly as quick as Indianapolis, Daytona, Talladega...yes, IMS isn't a plate track either, but back in the IndyCar/CART days, the average speeds were nearly identical.

Dale got a bit choked up there when asked about his continual fan support...

Roadgeek Adam

Meh I am happy for this weekend, for once I have nothing in my schedule impeding the Road America race. Also, Sears Point weekend, YAY!
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Alex

Heading to Talladega this weekend for the Good Sam Club 500 and will be trying out the new camera. :)

ctsignguy

Quote from: Alex on October 06, 2012, 10:19:36 AM
Heading to Talladega this weekend for the Good Sam Club 500 and will be trying out the new camera. :)
Hope you got some good shots of the wreck at the end.....
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Alex

Quote from: ctsignguy on October 07, 2012, 06:23:30 PM
Quote from: Alex on October 06, 2012, 10:19:36 AM
Hope you got some good shots of the wreck at the end.....

Our seats were down a ways from it. I was looking through binoculars that way when Tony Stewart's car went airborne. The crowd erupted with shock! Once the dust kicked in, I could not tell anything until a moment later when Kenseth went by followed by a number of banged up cars. Sam Hornish, Jr's #22 dragged across the asphalt and ground to a stop directly in front of us... Took forever for us to figure out where Bowyer's #15 was. Glad everyone involved seemed ok, and did catch Dale Jr.'s reaction to the crash this morning on ESPN.

My wife ended up taking all the photos and of the few I have viewed so far I noted Kyle Busch's half-assed wave while looking forward from his introduction and Sam Hornish, Jr. looking back dejected at his car while walking toward the pits.

74/171FAN

The fact that Kyle Busch actually avoided that wreck was the highlight of my sports weekend.  Yeah I had a long weekend...
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.