News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

END signs

Started by Inyomono395, February 08, 2017, 09:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inyomono395

Here are a few to start. Please share your own. I'll post more in the future.

https://flic.kr/p/QsNRoS
https://flic.kr/p/QvvX32

Max Rockatansky

CA 229 from today:

35 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

I have one from CA 58 also but it really needs to be cleaned up with the blur in the picture.  I have a ton of these in general, I'll probably start linking some of them over now and then.

MNHighwayMan

Boy do I have lots of these to post; they're my favorite thing to photograph. Here's six of them to start with.

East END of MN-5 in Stillwater, which existed from 1982/83 to 2015. Taken June 2015.

Present east END of MN-5, at MN-120 on the Maplewood/Oakdale boundary. Taken July 2016.

Northeast END of MN-23 at I-35 in Duluth. Taken May 2016.

South END of MN-93 at MN-112 in Le Sueur. Taken August 2014.

Old south END MN-120, posted before the I-94 interchange. Taken May 2011.

Current south END MN-120, posted after the I-94 interchange. Taken June 2015.

TheHighwayMan3561

I also have quite a few, so here are just the ones most significant to me on a personal level:

New Orleans

Wyoming, MN

Duluth

Minneapolis
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

froggie

Funny thing about that I-394 sign is it's not the actual end of the route, despite the signage.

slorydn1

Just my luck, the wiper began its cycle right when my wife snapped the picture. Taken last May on the new Goldsboro Bypass.

Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

MNHighwayMan

Second batch of them, this time from Iowa.

South END of IA-17 in Granger. Taken January 2017.

North END of IA-28 in Johnston/Urbandale. Taken December 2016.

South END of IA-144 in Perry. Taken January 2017.

North END of IA-149 in Williamsburg. Taken December 2016.

And I'll finish this post with the south END of US-151 at I-80. Taken December 2016.

hotdogPi

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on February 09, 2017, 06:01:00 PM

North end of IA-28 in Johnston/Urbandale

Interstate shields are too pointy.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: 1 on February 09, 2017, 06:03:04 PM
Interstate shields are too pointy.

Yeah, that whole thing is pretty weird. The panel on the left says South/West 35/80 but then doesn't give any directions, as if you're already on those routes, and the panel on the right gives an angled arrow even though it's a 90 degree right turn to get onto the freeway.

Edit: bonus picture, the second, independent END IA-28 marker that is posted further up, right before the south set of ramps. Taken December 2016.

D-Dey65

You know, when looked through this thread, I thought the only END signs I had were the ones used at dead end streets in New York City, like on 193rd Street on the north side of Hollis LIRR station or East 105th Street at the eponymous L train station. Then I checked, and I was reminded of this one;

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:West_End_Suffolk_CR_48.jpg

MNHighwayMan

Now I'm going to go back to Minnesota, but for one very specific example: MN-101, or rather, the fragments of MN-101 in Carver County and what has now become CR-101 in Hennepin, Scott, and parts of Carver County. MN-101 was supposed to be eliminated south of I-94 back in 1988 (except for the part between US-169 and MN-13, which remains as an unsigned state highway), and while Hennepin and Scott Counties took the road, Carver refused, initially. Upgrades to the route have been occurring slowly and these upgraded portions have become Carver County road 101. The two portions of the road that remain two-lane road are still marked as MN-101, one in the northern part of the county, and one in the southern part.

This is the north END of the northern remaining Carver County segment, at the Carver/Hennepin County line. Taken May 2014.

NB END MN-101:

SB END CR-101:

There is no marker at the south end of the northern segment–the route just vanishes once it reaches MN-5. Likewise, for the southern segment, there is no END marker at the northern terminus; however, the signal at the intersection with Pioneer Trail does show the change in jurisdiction.

For the south end of the southern segment, there is an END marker posted, which is at Flying Cloud Drive/CR-61/former US-212. Taken July 2016.

That intersection was not always the southern terminus of the southern segment. Before 2015, when the highway was reconstructed across the Minnesota River and its floodplain, MN-101 went all the way to the Carver/Scott county line. Both taken May 2014.

SB END MN-101:

NB END Scott CR-101:

Finally, Scott County has the other end of CR-101 doubly marked with END markers at the point at which it resumes being an unmarked state highway. Taken May 2014.

epzik8

PA-116 at U.S. 30 west of York, Pennsylvania, 08/02/2016

PA-124 approaches its east end at PA-624/PA-425 at the borough of East Prospect, Pennsylvania east of York, 08/15/2016

PA-516 approaches its north end at PA-116 at the borough of Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, between Hanover and York, 08/02/2016

PA-851 approaches its east end at PA-74 at a roundabout in Peach Bottom Township, York County, Pennsylvania just outside of the borough of Delta, 07/15/2016

U.S. Route 222 Business merges back with mainline U.S. 222 southbound to the south of Reading, Pennsylvania, 08/09/2016

PA-472 approaches its southeast end in Elk Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania, at the point where PA-841 becomes MD-213, 07/05/2016

An "END MD-3" marker along northbound Interstate 97 around Severna Park, Maryland, intended for drivers who just merged in from Exit 7; until the early-'90s, Route 3 made it all the way to Baltimore city and there was no I-97; 07/18/2016
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

epzik8

Round two from me

Southbound MD-3 merges into U.S. 301 at Bowie, Maryland, 08/24/2016

NJ-55 feeds into NJ-42, which then segues into Interstate 76, south of Camden, New Jersey, 08/15/2016

DE-4 approaches its west end at DE-2/DE-279 at Newark, Delaware, 08/08/2016

PA-772 nears its west end at PA-441 at the borough of Marietta, Pennsylvania on Lancaster County's Susquehanna shoreline, 07/27/2016

PA-283 officially ends at a traffic signal just past the I-283 interchange south of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

TravelingBethelite

The only one I know I have for sure (duh, because it's here...):

"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Max Rockatansky

TravelingBethelite

I found this one on our very own Interstate Guide:

"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

kphoger

Quote from: epzik8 on February 15, 2017, 06:46:10 AM

U.S. Route 222 Business merges back with mainline U.S. 222 southbound to the south of Reading, Pennsylvania, 08/09/2016

That's an unnecessary "SOUTH" banner, isn't it?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MNHighwayMan

Now that there's been more participation, I'll make another contribution (I didn't want to dominate the thread, so to speak.)

East end of Iowa 83 at IA-148 in Anita

North end of Iowa 148 past the north ramps of I-80

South end of Iowa 173 at IA-83

South end of Iowa 224 past the south ramps of I-80

South terminus of I-380 in the Coralville/Iowa City area

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

7/8

Here are my ENDS signs (the following show that Ontario uses the plural ENDS instead of singular END)

Renfrew CR 67 at CR 58 in Round Lake Centre, ON

ON 41 at ON 148 in Pembroke

Peel RR 19 near the 401 and 407 in Mississauga, ON

Waterloo RR 22 at the border with Wellington County (in Ontario)

Lanark CR 43 in Perth, ON

And if we include FIN signs... :colorful:

QC 215 at QC 139 in Sutton

QC 301 at QC 105 in Kazabazua

Max Rockatansky

CA 4 END at the bottom of the hill off of Ebbetts Pass:

IMG_9733 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Rothman

END of GA 60 Spur

END of GA 136 Connector

Eastern Terminus of US 70 in Atlantic, NC

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

MNHighwayMan

Yet more from me, this time from Minnesota.

West and east ends, respectively, of the former MN-232 (pictures taken August 2011, route was turned back to Aitkin County in April 2012). It is now an extension of CR-3.

West and east ends, respectively, of MN-244, a route due to be turned back at pretty much any time now. It's been on the elimination list for many years.

I'll conclude this post with the south and north ends, respectively, of MN-107.

froggie

Too many photos in this thread for slower connections.  Maybe post some links instead (like the OP did), folks?

Rothman

END of Albany County Route 55

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.