News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Ghost ramps on 520 being torn down

Started by Bruce, March 13, 2013, 10:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

Quote520 "˜ramps to nowhere' to come down

The Highway 520 "˜ramps to nowhere' will finally be removed in an agreement between Washington Park Arboretum and the state Department of Transportation.

From The Seattle Times

It's a damn shame that they never built the R.H. Thompson Expressway. That would have relieved rush hour traffic from I-5 that I constantly get stuck in.

KEK Inc.

Ah, I canoe by them every weekend.  :(  There's a lot of stubs, but I think there's only one ghost ramp. 

U District could have benefited from the Expressway for sure.  At least we'll get light rail to downtown and the airport soon.
Take the road less traveled.

Truvelo

Quote from: KEK Inc. on April 05, 2013, 10:58:44 AM
There's a lot of stubs, but I think there's only one ghost ramp.

Does anyone have a map showing what was planned? There's so many ramps that I can't make out how it would have looked.
Speed limits limit life

KEK Inc.

This illustration doesn't really show the geography well (unless they intend to landfill some water...) 
Take the road less traveled.

Truvelo

That illustration makes clear why there are so many stubs. I just assumed it was going to be a three way junction without any continuation north.
Speed limits limit life

Henry

Those were one of the first things I noticed as a roadgeek who'd just moved to Seattle in 2000! I will miss seeing them, though.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

SteveG1988

Kind of reminds me of the betsy ross bridge in philadelphia. sad that they never did get to use any of the stubs for the 520 ghost ramps.

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.