News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

States/provinces with the right number of, or too many, rest areas

Started by TheOneKEA, January 08, 2022, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOneKEA

One common complaint I've read on the forum is that there are not enough rest areas available in some states and that rest areas that used to be available have since closed down or are otherwise unavailable. I'd like to turn that question on its head: are there any states or provinces that have exactly the right number of rest areas, and are there any states or provinces that have too many rest areas and would benefit from closing them down?

Max Rockatansky

There is never too many rest areas.  There is such a thing though as supporting a budget for too many rest areas.  Arizona ran into an issue several years ago where they closed several rest areas to save on funding. 

TheHighwayMan3561

MN does a decent job with its spacing and amount of rest areas I think, including the occasional non-interstate rest area.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.