News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hey, everyone...

Started by HTM Duke, March 06, 2013, 07:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTM Duke

I decided it was time to join after lurking around for the last couple of years, and its a pleasure to be here.

I hail from Fairfax County, VA, and been interested in transportation-related things as far back as elementary school.  Over time, my interests focused more onto the historical side of things (old road signs, alignments, etc.).  The culmination of this was a freshman English comp paper I wrote in college, detailing (as best I could within a five page limit) the history of the Interstate system, the freeway network planned for DC, and why so much of it failed to be built.

Nowadays, I've gotten more into finding and driving the roads less traveled, and when possible, will eschew Interstates in favor of US routes and below.  (Attending James Madison University didn't hurt; lots of fun mountain crossings only thirty minutes away from campus.)  There's just too much out there that I can willingly bypass at 55+ MPH.

Again, good to be here.
List of routes: Traveled | Clinched

Alex

Takumi

Welcome, from the suburbs of Richmond.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

WaMu

;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.