News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

County Quizzes

Started by index, August 10, 2023, 04:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

index

A bit of a fluff thread for fun:

How do you do on quizzes for counties in states?

This is how I fared for NC:

It being my own state I was able to get them all.

For neighboring states:

With SC, I had a trickier time:

And with Tennessee and Virginia, I was only able to get the areas I'd been in multiple times and the big cities, as well as some random ones I happened to memorize:

I didn't bother with Georgia because there was no way I was getting many of them.

The UI for actually seeing what counties you got is a bit screwed up but I don't think it can be turned off. These are Seterra quizzes.

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

flan

About a year ago I went though all the county and county seats quizzes on Sporcle until I got 100% on each, but I'm pretty shaky on them now, especially in the east and southeast. I know North Dakota and Minnesota like the back of my hand. I'm confident I could get 100% on South Dakota, Wisconsin, and small states like Delaware, Rhode Island, or Hawaii.

Bruce

thspfc

86% for WI. Needed two guesses to get Pepin, Rusk, and Taylor and 3+ guesses to get Washburn, Clark, and Jackson. All in the northwest quadrant of the state.

Scott5114

I got 99% on Oklahoma because I mixed up Greer and Jackson.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US 89

For the 3 states I’ve lived in:

100% for Utah.

54% for Georgia. I’m best at the ones around the Atlanta area and north Georgia, as well as the ones near the Florida border. For a lot of others, I can often identify what part of the state it’s in even if I can’t pick it out on a map. Georgia just has so many damn counties.

82% on Florida. I got all the ones in the Panhandle and can definitively identify what part of the state each one is in. I mix up a lot of those inland southern peninsula counties.

Other states I’m very familiar with:

96% for Colorado. Mixed up Crowley, Otero, and Bent, which not unsurprisingly are three of the 6 counties I haven’t been to.

94% for Nevada, mixed up Esmeralda and Mineral.

92% for Idaho. I’m not that good with some of the small ones north of Boise along the west side but pretty much have southern and eastern down.

79% for Wyoming, missed several of the northeastern ones I’ve never been to.

79% for New Mexico also, missed some of the ones I’ve never been to in the southwest and southeast parts of the state.

100% for Arizona.

jlam

98% on Colorado. Mixed up Conejos and Costilla.

100% on Arizona.

81% on Utah. I mixed up Carbon, Emery, and Grand; Kane and Garfield; and totally whiffed on Juab.

100% on Wyoming.

40% on Nebraska. They're all squares.

I refuse to do Kansas.

63% in New Mexico. Nailed the parts I've been in.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.