Regional Boards > Mountain West

The 1958 Spec I-25 shields in Colorado

(1/4) > >>

corco:
In December, agentsteele posted a picture of the last 58 spec I-25 shields in Colorado

with the caption

--- Quote ---The very last pair of original (1958 specs) interstate shields in Colorado most had vanished by the late 1970s, but there are two left, as late as December 10th of this year when I checked on them. And no, I will not reveal where they are. Suffice it to say, they are near interstate 25.
--- End quote ---

I regret to inform that I figured out where that picture was taken, but what I saw was quite disheartening

:(

bugo:
I saw dozens of 58 spec I-30 and 40 shields today in the Little Rock area.

US71:

--- Quote from: bugo on February 20, 2010, 08:11:15 PM ---I saw dozens of 58 spec I-30 and 40 shields today in the Little Rock area.

--- End quote ---

A lot of them are new. Arkansas seems to be going "retro"

mightyace:

--- Quote from: corco on February 20, 2010, 07:07:49 PM ---I regret to inform that I figured out where that picture was taken, but what I saw was quite disheartening

--- End quote ---

Considering that state named shields are almost extinct in most of the east, I'll take a state name shield of ANY spec!

Hellfighter:

--- Quote from: mightyace on February 20, 2010, 10:51:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: corco on February 20, 2010, 07:07:49 PM ---I regret to inform that I figured out where that picture was taken, but what I saw was quite disheartening

--- End quote ---

Considering that state named shields are almost extinct in most of the east, I'll take a state name shield of ANY spec!

--- End quote ---

It's got the state name in it, I'll take it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version