News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Gilcrease Expressway (Tulsa) extended

Started by bugo, January 15, 2013, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I was up north heading down the Tisdale Parkway and noticed that the Gilcrease Expressway now heads west from the Tisdale.  It was extended to the intersection of North 41st W Ave and West 31th St N.  It is 2 lanes with a 45 MPH speed limit.  There is evidence of the future freeway to the north, as the new road is going to one day be the southern frontage road.  There is now a traffic light at the Tisdale/Gilcrease intersection.  No evidence of construction of an interchange at the LL and the Gilcrease is visible.

I also noticed some meat cleavers for OK 51 painted on the lanes of the IDL, along with US 64, US 75, and I-244 painted shields.

I crossed the new Arkansas River bridge on WB/SB I-244/US 75.  It's just a fancy version of a plain old boring girder bridge.  EB/NB traffic still uses the old bridge.  The new bridge is higher than the old bridge.

I also saw some really ugly Clearview signs on I-244 just south of the river.  The capital letters were way out of proportion to the lowercase letters.

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on January 15, 2013, 12:32:15 PM
I was up north heading down the Tisdale Parkway and noticed that the Gilcrease Expressway now heads west from the Tisdale.  It was extended to the intersection of North 41st W Ave and West 31th St N.  It is 2 lanes with a 45 MPH speed limit.  There is evidence of the future freeway to the north, as the new road is going to one day be the southern frontage road.  There is now a traffic light at the Tisdale/Gilcrease intersection.  No evidence of construction of an interchange at the LL and the Gilcrease is visible.

I knew they were working on building it around the north and west to connect with US64 near 65th West Ave, but I thought it was going to be a toll road. OTA did a "Gilcrease Turnpike" study a few years ago:
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13438930&clienttype=printable

Also:
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2726.0

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.