News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Gilcrease Expressway (Tulsa) extended

Started by bugo, January 15, 2013, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I was up north heading down the Tisdale Parkway and noticed that the Gilcrease Expressway now heads west from the Tisdale.  It was extended to the intersection of North 41st W Ave and West 31th St N.  It is 2 lanes with a 45 MPH speed limit.  There is evidence of the future freeway to the north, as the new road is going to one day be the southern frontage road.  There is now a traffic light at the Tisdale/Gilcrease intersection.  No evidence of construction of an interchange at the LL and the Gilcrease is visible.

I also noticed some meat cleavers for OK 51 painted on the lanes of the IDL, along with US 64, US 75, and I-244 painted shields.

I crossed the new Arkansas River bridge on WB/SB I-244/US 75.  It's just a fancy version of a plain old boring girder bridge.  EB/NB traffic still uses the old bridge.  The new bridge is higher than the old bridge.

I also saw some really ugly Clearview signs on I-244 just south of the river.  The capital letters were way out of proportion to the lowercase letters.

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on January 15, 2013, 12:32:15 PM
I was up north heading down the Tisdale Parkway and noticed that the Gilcrease Expressway now heads west from the Tisdale.  It was extended to the intersection of North 41st W Ave and West 31th St N.  It is 2 lanes with a 45 MPH speed limit.  There is evidence of the future freeway to the north, as the new road is going to one day be the southern frontage road.  There is now a traffic light at the Tisdale/Gilcrease intersection.  No evidence of construction of an interchange at the LL and the Gilcrease is visible.

I knew they were working on building it around the north and west to connect with US64 near 65th West Ave, but I thought it was going to be a toll road. OTA did a "Gilcrease Turnpike" study a few years ago:
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13438930&clienttype=printable

Also:
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2726.0

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.