News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

50 signs in 50 states

Started by agentsteel53, June 08, 2010, 12:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xonhulu

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but right now:

- there are no usable numbers for AK, DE, NH;

- 193 is the only usable number left for WV;

- 195 is the only possibility for RI;

- either 197 or 199 for OR;

- 200 is the only possibility for ND;

However, NM and CT are pretty wide open, as long as someone has the photos.

Duke87

Well, New Mexico doesn't have a 194, so that means this is the schedule:

192: NM
193: WV
194: CT
195: RI
196: wild card
197: OR
198: wild card
199: wild card
200: ND

Although, finding a CT 194 with context may be impossible.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

prenatt1166

If someone has a CT 192 pic, there may be NM 196 and 198 photos available.

prenatt1166

There are better photos of other NM routes, but here's a Streetview capture of NM 192 to continue the game.

AK CT DE ND NH OR RI WV

Scott5114

What makes that WV? I had to scan the "states remaining" board to see what was missing...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

njroadhorse

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 20, 2010, 02:07:14 PM
What makes that WV? I had to scan the "states remaining" board to see what was missing...
Ahh right, forgot about that... I'll look for a new one and replace it.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Duke87

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

oscar

Quote from: Duke87 on June 20, 2010, 09:49:23 PM
So, yeah, I spent my Sunday compiling a chart of what numbers from 1-200 are possible for each state.
Many of the Hawaii routes on your "possible" list are unsigned, except sometimes for small number plates at the bottom of milemarkers.  Some other routes shown as not possible, are possible if you reach into former routes.  Indeed, on the current round Hawaii was covered by a former route 151 shield.  So at least for Hawaii, your list may be better as a compendium of currently-assigned route numbers, rather than of available route marker photos.

Looking ahead to the next 50 if we go to 201-250, the Hawaii possibles include Interstate H-201 (already on Web, if you ignore the H prefix on the marker), wartime 211 (already on Web, and a better choice), 220 (I can supply one), and 240 and 250 (signed routes, but don't know if I have photos lurking in my archives).  There are some other former routes in the 201-250 range (wartime 223, and former 226 and 232, come to mind), but I'm not aware of any photos of those signs out there.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

froggie

On top of that, I can see you focused on state/US/Interstate highways and didn't factor in county routes.  Several of your "No's" for Alabama, Iowa, and Minnesota (all of which have extensive county route systems) are in fact "Yes's" instead.

(nevermind that both AL 4 and AL 74 are in fact signed in some places, and I believe there's even been an AL 42 shield that's popped up in Mobile County)

agentsteel53

does Iowa have county routes that are solely numbered?  I know their grid tends to be a letter-number combination (like "G31") which would not be allowed.  And before that, they had letters only.

Minnesota, for sure, has plenty of valid county routes.  Michigan has quite a few, too, as do Wyoming and Ohio.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

froggie

Iowa doesn't...I missed the earlier part about alphanumerics not being allowed.

Alex

Quote from: froggie on June 21, 2010, 07:15:36 AM
On top of that, I can see you focused on state/US/Interstate highways and didn't factor in county routes.  Several of your "No's" for Alabama, Iowa, and Minnesota (all of which have extensive county route systems) are in fact "Yes's" instead.

(nevermind that both AL 4 and AL 74 are in fact signed in some places, and I believe there's even been an AL 42 shield that's popped up in Mobile County)

Yes, each new install done by Mobile County within the last year on a County Road intersecting U.S. 98 sees acknowledgment of Alabama 42 now. This occurs at CR 5, CR 63, and CR 31 thus far.

Brandon

This game seems to be running its course.  I have an idea for a new game, please tell me if it has been done before.
The game will be to post a picture with a sequential multiplex of two numbers in order from 1 to whatever.  The first one would be rtes 1 & 2, the second 2 & 3, and so on and so forth.  I think there are enough to make it well into three digits.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

agentsteel53

Quote from: Brandon on June 21, 2010, 03:13:55 PM
This game seems to be running its course.  

I would agree - given that we've been going through theoretical discussions, without an actual picture post, for 3 days.  Okay, game over it is.

I have an idea for a new game, please tell me if it has been done before.
The game will be to post a picture with a sequential multiplex of two numbers in order from 1 to whatever.  The first one would be rtes 1 & 2, the second 2 & 3, and so on and so forth.  I think there are enough to make it well into three digits.

we will see if we can!  Start a new thread with a 1-2...

or a 0-1 if you can find it!

jake@aaroads.com

hbelkins

I've been gone (on a long trip that included the SEPA meet.) Looks like the next thing we need is 193.

Remaining: AK CT DE ND NH OR RI

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

agentsteel53

we closed this game in favor of the consecutive-number game.  this one went to 193; let us see if that one goes further or not.

jake@aaroads.com

hbelkins

I must've missed that annoucement when I was catching up on posts when I got to read the boards again. (It was late when I got in the last few nights so I didn't catch up on things). You might want to lock this thread, then.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: hbelkins on June 23, 2010, 08:43:55 AM
I must've missed that annoucement when I was catching up on posts when I got to read the boards again. (It was late when I got in the last few nights so I didn't catch up on things). You might want to lock this thread, then.

Done.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.