News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Was I-5 ever planned to follow US 99 East of Los Angeles

Started by Interstate Trav, July 27, 2011, 04:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate Trav

I remember a few years ago someone telling me that when the 5 was being planned that the routing was going to go along US 99 and through Coachella Valley.  But that San Diego was a buig influence on making sure the 5 went to San Diego.  I have looked online to see if there is anything to this, but haven't found anything.  So I thought I'd ask on here.  Is that true?

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Quillz

That wouldn't make sense, since the point of Interstate highways was to connect the major metropolitan areas in as short a distance as possible, right?

If there was ever a plan to send an Interstate through the Coachella Valley (and it appears this was never a proposal), it probably would have made more sense to route either I-10 or I-15 through the area.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.