News:

The server restarts at 2 AM daily. This results in a short period of downtime, so if you get a 502 error at that time, that is why.

Main Menu

Interstate 42 (E)

Started by LM117, May 27, 2016, 11:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcil4ever

I saw the news about the concrete mixer accident that has I-40 West closed at US-70 (Exit 306). I was curious what sort of information is being shown to drivers approaching that area, which is now visible on DriveNC. It seems like those who control the information signs don't have maps that show the recent route number and exit number changes along I-42. These were some of the errors I saw. Seems like that could be confusing to out of town drivers!





bob7374

Quote from: jcil4ever on August 12, 2026, 12:46:31 PMI saw the news about the concrete mixer accident that has I-40 West closed at US-70 (Exit 306). I was curious what sort of information is being shown to drivers approaching that area, which is now visible on DriveNC. It seems like those who control the information signs don't have maps that show the recent route number and exit number changes along I-42. These were some of the errors I saw. Seems like that could be confusing to out of town drivers!




The incident reports regarding the Clayton Bypass and US 70 to the east have been inconsistent since I-42 was signed. Sometimes the Bypass is signed as I-42 and uses the I-42 exit numbers. Other times its US 70 and the old US 70 exit numbers. Highlights over the past month or so have included referring to the Bypass as I-42 but using US 70 exit numbers. One time they listed the Bypass as US 70 while work near Wilson's Mills Road was listed as being on I-42. Meanwhile, the NCDrive.gov site still signs the whole route between I-40 and the merge of By-Pass and US 70 east of I-95 as I-42. (And, on the road itself they still have not corrected the 1/2 mile advance sign westbound for the Business 70 West Clayton exit just before the start of the Bypass). If the site is to be helpful, especially to out of state drivers, it would help if it was more accurate.

jcil4ever