News:

Check out the AARoads Wiki!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true


Molandfreak

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 06, 2026, 12:15:44 AM
Quote from: Molandfreak on September 06, 2026, 12:13:43 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 11:22:05 PMI honestly am not a bot, how do I prove it?
Don't post shit like this.
Do you believe I'm a bot?
It doesn't matter what I believe. You're simultaneously obsessed with your public image on the forum, but won't take a hint or  listen to others when you say something that doesn't fit into the forum's culture.

Inclusive infrastructure advocate

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of Morrison County, its cities and townships, or affiliated organizations.

Scott5114

#6002
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 11:22:05 PMI honestly am not a bot, how do I prove it?

Please enter the text below exactly how it appears:


Then identify how many Poles are in the following image:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 01:39:40 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 11:22:05 PMI honestly am not a bot, how do I prove it?

Please enter the text below exactly how it appears:


Then identify how many Poles are in the following image:

I counted 19 poles
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

GaryV

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 06, 2026, 08:19:30 AMI counted 19 poles

How can you tell if any of the people in the cars are Polish?


1995hoo

Quote from: Molandfreak on September 05, 2026, 04:43:21 PMYou haven't had assumed privacy on private property since surveillance cameras have been cheap enough to be useful. You always have assumed privacy on public property.

Whatever gave you this idea? For many, many years it's been a basic principle of Fourth Amendment case law that a person has no reasonable expectation of privacy as to anything done in, or located in, a public place. If, for example, you opt to sunbathe nude on a public beach, you have no legal basis for complaining when people look at you.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

1995hoo

Quote from: formulanone on September 04, 2026, 10:36:31 PMWe used to own a 2000 Honda CR-V, but seeing one last year with an Antique plate (it was Connecticut) rattled my age cage.

....

Yesterday my wife and I played golf and were paired up with two random younger people. One of them asked how long we've been playing and I said I first took lessons in the fall of 1995 during my first year of law school. They kind of stared and the other one said the two of them had not yet been born in 1995.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

formulanone

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 06, 2026, 09:00:52 AM
Quote from: formulanone on September 04, 2026, 10:36:31 PMWe used to own a 2000 Honda CR-V, but seeing one last year with an Antique plate (it was Connecticut) rattled my age cage.

....

Yesterday my wife and I played golf and were paired up with two random younger people. One of them asked how long we've been playing and I said I first took lessons in the fall of 1995 during my first year of law school. They kind of stared and the other one said the two of them had not yet been born in 1995.

My wife's good friends were both born the year I graduated high school (which makes them Millennials); it's funny how they occasionally say things like "...so how did you make a long distance call again? ...how did you know if anyone was home?" ...so you just show up to your friends' houses?"

On the other hand my wife and I are just few years apart, but I was allowed a lot more free reign to explore, so as long as they knew I was coming home for dinner or not, but I suppose we didn't really trust our kids to do that when they were under 12.

hotdogPi

Because it may not be clear to I-57/Route 66 Fan, we don't actually believe you're a bot (i.e. automated). Some of your behaviors seem childish or naive, but the few actual bots we've seen on this forum post something that seems relevant even if it may not be (e.g. giving advice on a trip that occurred two months ago). Here is an example: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=16512
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 50
MA 35, 40, 53, 63, 79, 109, 126, 138, 141, 151
NH 78, 111A(E); CA 90; NY 40, 366; CT 193, 320; VT 2A, 5A; ME 11, 17, 172; PA 3, 51, 60; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; WA 202; QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 36

Molandfreak

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 06, 2026, 08:57:58 AM
Quote from: Molandfreak on September 05, 2026, 04:43:21 PMYou haven't had assumed privacy on private property since surveillance cameras have been cheap enough to be useful. You always have assumed privacy on public property.

Whatever gave you this idea? For many, many years it's been a basic principle of Fourth Amendment case law that a person has no reasonable expectation of privacy as to anything done in, or located in, a public place. If, for example, you opt to sunbathe nude on a public beach, you have no legal basis for complaining when people look at you.
I think police-sanctioned mass surveillance moves a little beyond basic rubbernecking.

Inclusive infrastructure advocate

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of Morrison County, its cities and townships, or affiliated organizations.

dlsterner

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 06, 2026, 08:19:30 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 01:39:40 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 11:22:05 PMI honestly am not a bot, how do I prove it?

Please enter the text below exactly how it appears:


Then identify how many Poles are in the following image:

I counted 19 poles

That's exactly what a bot would say.

CoreySamson

Guys, let's play a game... it's called Starve the Troll.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of 45 FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn. Unabashed HAWK hater. ORU '26.

Route Log
Clinches
Counties
TM

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: CoreySamson on September 06, 2026, 07:01:16 PMGuys, let's play a game... it's called Starve the Troll.

The opposite tends to be more entertaining. 

kphoger

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 06:25:55 PMChanging subjects, is Laurel a Baltimore or Washington suburb?

Will our answer influence your suggestion for a city-county merger?

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Molandfreak

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 06:25:55 PMChanging subjects, is Laurel a Baltimore or Washington suburb?
Laurel is a Billings suburb.

Inclusive infrastructure advocate

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of Morrison County, its cities and townships, or affiliated organizations.

PColumbus73

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 07, 2026, 10:56:25 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 07, 2026, 10:32:11 PM
Quote from: Rothman on September 07, 2026, 10:29:13 PMGotta be something smaller than Groundhog Day.

Flatness Day?
As an Illinoisan I recognize Flatness Day

Flatness day is very underrated...

Hunger Games: Flatness Illinois

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: PColumbus73 on September 08, 2026, 03:18:40 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 07, 2026, 10:56:25 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 07, 2026, 10:32:11 PM
Quote from: Rothman on September 07, 2026, 10:29:13 PMGotta be something smaller than Groundhog Day.

Flatness Day?
As an Illinoisan I recognize Flatness Day

Flatness day is very underrated...

Hunger Games: Flatness Illinois

I see Illinois as being more Battle Royale or The Running Man territory.

The_Ginger

If someone joined this forum and only had interest in the sports and off-topic boards, and showed limited to no knowledge of roads, how long would it take for anyone here to catch on?


No, I'm not targeting a specific person, I thought of this awhile back and just now decided to write it in here.
"A beltway? What in the world is that?"

He/him pronouns, please.
Travel Mapping · TM Rail · TM Air · Counties

The_Ginger

The Forum is quite active this evening.
"A beltway? What in the world is that?"

He/him pronouns, please.
Travel Mapping · TM Rail · TM Air · Counties

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: The_Ginger on September 08, 2026, 07:19:43 PMThe Forum is quite active this evening.

That greatly depends on where you reside.

kphoger

Quote from: The_Ginger on September 08, 2026, 06:43:34 PMIf someone joined this forum and only had interest in the sports and off-topic boards, and showed limited to no knowledge of roads, how long would it take for anyone here to catch on?

"If" ? !

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: The_Ginger on September 08, 2026, 06:43:34 PMIf someone joined this forum and only had interest in the sports and off-topic boards, and showed limited to no knowledge of roads, how long would it take for anyone here to catch on?


No, I'm not targeting a specific person, I thought of this awhile back and just now decided to write it in here.
Are you sure?????
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: Molandfreak on September 08, 2026, 02:04:31 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 06:25:55 PMChanging subjects, is Laurel a Baltimore or Washington suburb?
Laurel is a Billings suburb.
How about a Yanny suburb
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 08, 2026, 10:18:01 PM
Quote from: The_Ginger on September 08, 2026, 06:43:34 PMIf someone joined this forum and only had interest in the sports and off-topic boards, and showed limited to no knowledge of roads, how long would it take for anyone here to catch on?


No, I'm not targeting a specific person, I thought of this awhile back and just now decided to write it in here.
Are you sure?????

When I said something similar, it was referring to you.  I didn't mean it as a compliment.   

gonealookin

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 08, 2026, 10:21:34 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 08, 2026, 10:18:01 PM
Quote from: The_Ginger on September 08, 2026, 06:43:34 PMIf someone joined this forum and only had interest in the sports and off-topic boards, and showed limited to no knowledge of roads, how long would it take for anyone here to catch on?


No, I'm not targeting a specific person, I thought of this awhile back and just now decided to write it in here.
Are you sure?????

When I said something similar, it was referring to you.  I didn't mean it as a compliment. 

The_Ginger's point is correct...a newbie should build credibility as a forum user by making substantive comments about roads, and after you've done that for a while, you're more likely to be welcomed in Off-Topic and Sports.  And the other aspect of it that builds credibility is engaging in threads other people started, rather than starting a new one of your own especially in Off-Topic every time something pops into your head.