News:

See the Forum Status page for any planned Forum maintenance or alerts on Forum outages.

Main Menu

Colorado

Started by mightyace, March 04, 2009, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 07:32:27 PMJust last night, I was driving a canyon road up the Santa Monica Mountains and doing about 40 mph. The guy behind me had his brights on the entire time, wouldn't stop flashing me, and then illegally passed me while flying by me. But hey, he had a Porsche so I guess he's entitled to break traffic laws and everyone must pull over and defer to him. (This was a two-lane road, BTW, there was nowhere to pull over).

When people do that sort of shit I let my foot off the gas and coast.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef


Quillz

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 03, 2026, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 07:32:27 PMJust last night, I was driving a canyon road up the Santa Monica Mountains and doing about 40 mph. The guy behind me had his brights on the entire time, wouldn't stop flashing me, and then illegally passed me while flying by me. But hey, he had a Porsche so I guess he's entitled to break traffic laws and everyone must pull over and defer to him. (This was a two-lane road, BTW, there was nowhere to pull over).

When people do that sort of shit I let my foot off the gas and coast.
I don't change anything about how I drive. I kept going 40 mph (it was one of the twistier roads up), knowing full well the guy was going to illegally pass me anyway. Happens a lot around here, especially on PCH. All the guys with their sports cars think they have the right to ignore traffic laws, be assholes, and everyone must yield to them. Sooner or later it will come back to bite them, it always does.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on October 03, 2026, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 07:32:27 PMJust last night, I was driving a canyon road up the Santa Monica Mountains and doing about 40 mph. The guy behind me had his brights on the entire time, wouldn't stop flashing me, and then illegally passed me while flying by me. But hey, he had a Porsche so I guess he's entitled to break traffic laws and everyone must pull over and defer to him. (This was a two-lane road, BTW, there was nowhere to pull over).

When people do that sort of shit I let my foot off the gas and coast.
I don't change anything about how I drive. I kept going 40 mph (it was one of the twistier roads up), knowing full well the guy was going to illegally pass me anyway. Happens a lot around here, especially on PCH. All the guys with their sports cars think they have the right to ignore traffic laws, be assholes, and everyone must yield to them. Sooner or later it will come back to bite them, it always does.
In what way do you think these guys give a shit about a speeding have that much money

Quillz

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 04, 2026, 01:21:28 AM
Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on October 03, 2026, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 07:32:27 PMJust last night, I was driving a canyon road up the Santa Monica Mountains and doing about 40 mph. The guy behind me had his brights on the entire time, wouldn't stop flashing me, and then illegally passed me while flying by me. But hey, he had a Porsche so I guess he's entitled to break traffic laws and everyone must pull over and defer to him. (This was a two-lane road, BTW, there was nowhere to pull over).

When people do that sort of shit I let my foot off the gas and coast.
I don't change anything about how I drive. I kept going 40 mph (it was one of the twistier roads up), knowing full well the guy was going to illegally pass me anyway. Happens a lot around here, especially on PCH. All the guys with their sports cars think they have the right to ignore traffic laws, be assholes, and everyone must yield to them. Sooner or later it will come back to bite them, it always does.
In what way do you think these guys give a shit about a speeding have that much money
I wasn't referring to a speeding ticket. Driving dangerously fast on a twisty canyon road at night illegally weaving around traffic that they deem moving too slow is sooner or later going to end badly for them and others. They'll be lucky to only get a speeding ticket. People who drive like that always think they are invincible.

DenverBrian

Quote from: Quillz on October 04, 2026, 01:24:16 AM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 04, 2026, 01:21:28 AM
Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on October 03, 2026, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 07:32:27 PMJust last night, I was driving a canyon road up the Santa Monica Mountains and doing about 40 mph. The guy behind me had his brights on the entire time, wouldn't stop flashing me, and then illegally passed me while flying by me. But hey, he had a Porsche so I guess he's entitled to break traffic laws and everyone must pull over and defer to him. (This was a two-lane road, BTW, there was nowhere to pull over).

When people do that sort of shit I let my foot off the gas and coast.
I don't change anything about how I drive. I kept going 40 mph (it was one of the twistier roads up), knowing full well the guy was going to illegally pass me anyway. Happens a lot around here, especially on PCH. All the guys with their sports cars think they have the right to ignore traffic laws, be assholes, and everyone must yield to them. Sooner or later it will come back to bite them, it always does.
In what way do you think these guys give a shit about a speeding have that much money
I wasn't referring to a speeding ticket. Driving dangerously fast on a twisty canyon road at night illegally weaving around traffic that they deem moving too slow is sooner or later going to end badly for them and others. They'll be lucky to only get a speeding ticket. People who drive like that always think they are invincible.
And they're almost always male. Lots of SPS in the world.

Quillz

Quote from: DenverBrian on October 04, 2026, 08:01:13 PM
Quote from: Quillz on October 04, 2026, 01:24:16 AM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 04, 2026, 01:21:28 AM
Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on October 03, 2026, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2026, 07:32:27 PMJust last night, I was driving a canyon road up the Santa Monica Mountains and doing about 40 mph. The guy behind me had his brights on the entire time, wouldn't stop flashing me, and then illegally passed me while flying by me. But hey, he had a Porsche so I guess he's entitled to break traffic laws and everyone must pull over and defer to him. (This was a two-lane road, BTW, there was nowhere to pull over).

When people do that sort of shit I let my foot off the gas and coast.
I don't change anything about how I drive. I kept going 40 mph (it was one of the twistier roads up), knowing full well the guy was going to illegally pass me anyway. Happens a lot around here, especially on PCH. All the guys with their sports cars think they have the right to ignore traffic laws, be assholes, and everyone must yield to them. Sooner or later it will come back to bite them, it always does.
In what way do you think these guys give a shit about a speeding have that much money
I wasn't referring to a speeding ticket. Driving dangerously fast on a twisty canyon road at night illegally weaving around traffic that they deem moving too slow is sooner or later going to end badly for them and others. They'll be lucky to only get a speeding ticket. People who drive like that always think they are invincible.
And they're almost always male. Lots of SPS in the world.

It was a male who passed me, with his girlfriend in the car. I know because I later caught up to them, after they also illegally pulled over to get photos of the (admittedly beautiful) overlook and were kissing. They parked their car halfway on the white outer line because there was no shoulder on this part of the road, forcing me to briefly dip into the other side of traffic to get around them.

But again, they had a nice Porsche, so obviously rules don't apply to them and I was lucky to even be within a mile of their presence. 

Plutonic Panda

God, I love the Internet where you can go online, post your opinion. Nobody really knows whether it's true or not, but by golly, they'll sure fucking act like it's true and then they'll tell you what their fucking dumbass opinion is, and then they'll have something to fucking say to you about it. Very rarely have I ever gone 100+ on San Fernando Valley streets. Yes, it is extremely reckless and stupid to do that. I would not advise anyone doing that. Talk all this shit in the world you want about me, I'm laughing at these comments. You people are fucking comical..

Plutonic Panda

And by the way, let me clarify what I mean about Santa Fernando Valley streets. They are super wide. You could easily go 100 miles an hour without it being a problem. a lot of the time, obviously except during rush hour and a lot of daytime periods where there's pedestrians, but they're super wide streets. The speed limits are absurdly low. They should be 55 mph at minimum. And I don't want to see anybody get hurt or killed. I would rather see myself killed before I would ever wanna see someone else get hurt. I would never be able to live with myself if I hurt somebody because of my arrogant actions. Stop sit here and preach or lecture to me about what I've done. I know very well what's going on. You need to keep in context the shit that I say. Do you want the speed limits to be lower than design better streets that are more accommodating to pedestrians.

Don't make super wide streets that are designed like highways and have these absurdly low, artificially imposed speed limits, and I think if you looked, you will see most people break them anyways. I mean, did you just see the story with the Malibu speed camera program? Hundreds of thousands of people got tickets within like less than a week or something like that. Well, I mean, they didn't get tickets, but the camera caught how many people, so they delayed the program because of how many people speed.

How about in this country, we start with stricter driving lessons and penalties, so we can teach people to be better drivers and we raise the speed limits to what is sensible and reasonable? Why is that so hard for us?

kphoger

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 05, 2026, 10:02:22 AMwhere you can go online, post your opinion. Nobody really knows whether it's true or not

What does that even mean?

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: kphoger on October 05, 2026, 10:20:01 AM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 05, 2026, 10:02:22 AMwhere you can go online, post your opinion. Nobody really knows whether it's true or not
I mean, it's pretty simple, bro. It's not so deep, and I find it funny when people like quillz have a stick up their ass and take themselves so seriously. I mean, it should be pretty cleared by now. I'm not gonna comment any further, so blast away

What does that even mean?

kphoger

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 05, 2026, 10:24:19 AM
Quote from: kphoger on October 05, 2026, 10:20:01 AM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 05, 2026, 10:02:22 AMwhere you can go online, post your opinion. Nobody really knows whether it's true or not

Preview button.

I mean, it's pretty simple, bro. It's not so deep, and I find it funny when people like quillz have a stick up their ass and take themselves so seriously. I mean, it should be pretty cleared by now. I'm not gonna comment any further, so blast away

What does that even mean?

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

They're adding a lane on I-225 NB between I-25 and Yosemite. Lane closures might impact my commute to my new job, but it'll be nice to have a little more room on that stretch. It gets gummed up pretty well during rush hour.

https://www.denverpost.com/2026/10/05/i-225-construction-denver-hampden-south/

Plutonic Panda

I better play the lottery tonight, and especially the numbers that Scott picked for me, because they're adding Elaine and it's not gonna be tolled!?

jdbx

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 06, 2026, 11:11:26 PMI better play the lottery tonight, and especially the numbers that Scott picked for me, because they're adding Elaine and it's not gonna be tolled!?

Better than them adding George, since nothing would get done.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: jdbx on October 07, 2026, 03:13:50 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 06, 2026, 11:11:26 PMI better play the lottery tonight, and especially the numbers that Scott picked for me, because they're adding a lane and it's not gonna be tolled!?

Better than them adding George, since nothing would get done.
I'm getting to the point where, like, it's now taking me more time to go back and edit all of the spelling errors and speech to text than it would be if I just typed it all out, which I'm not a good texter, so.

Great Lakes Roads

#565

The last three remaining original bridges over I-25 through Denver are going to be rebuilt with the Speer Boulevard interchange getting a massive upgrade in the form of a diverging-diamond interchange (DDI) and new braided ramps on the northbound direction.

Estimated project cost- $160 million
Estimated construction timeline- 2029-2034
-Jay Seaburg

Clinched States (Interstates): AL, AZ, DE, FL, HI, KS, MI, MN, NE, NH, RI, VT, WI