News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

City's and Towns In more Then One County

Started by mapman1071, May 19, 2010, 08:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdb1234

Off the top of my head:

Birmingham (Jefferson and Shelby)
Hoover (Jefferson and Shelby)
Leeds (Jefferson, Shelby, and St Clair)
Winfield (Marion and Fayette)
Glen Allen (Fayette and Marion)
Huntsville (Madison and Limestone)

vdeane

NYC is in five counties: New York (Manhattan), Bronx, Queens, Kings (Brooklyn), and Richmond (Staten Island).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

golden eagle

Quote from: njroadhorse on May 22, 2010, 02:11:22 PM
Lots of places around Houston do this too:
- Baytown (Harris and Chambers)
- Friendswood (Harris and Galveston)
- Katy (Harris, Fort Bend, and Waller)
- Pearland (Harris, Fort Bend, and Brazoria)
- League City (Harris and Galveston)

as well as many others in the area.  Heck, even Houston stretches into Fort Bend, Motngomery, and maybe Brazoria counties too.

It doesn't extend into Brazoria County.

A lot of cities in Texas are in multiple counties. Dallas itself is in at least three (maybe even four) counties. A portion of Ft. Worth that lies below the airport goes into Dallas County. Amarillo, Austin and Abilene are other places that exist in two counties.

barcncpt44

more alabama cities
oxford (calhoun and talladega)
boaz (marshall and etowah)

A bland smile is like a green light at an intersection, it feels good when you get one, but you forget it the moment you're past it. -Doug Coupland

golden eagle

Columbus, OH, is multiple counties. I've read a number of years ago that Columbus tends to annex land each year. Is that still the case now?

brownpelican

Quote from: huskeroadgeek on May 19, 2010, 09:53:13 PM
Kansas City, MO is in 3 different counties-Clay, Jackson & Platte.

You forgot Cass County.

[Removed unnecessary markup. -S.]

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: brownpelican on June 02, 2010, 03:54:55 AM
Quote from: huskeroadgeek on May 19, 2010, 09:53:13 PM
Kansas City, MO is in 3 different counties-Clay, Jackson & Platte.

You forgot Cass County.

[Removed unnecessary markup. -S.]
As far as I can tell, the city limits end at the Jackson-Cass County Line. I know it's that way on US 71 because once you cross into Cass County, you are in Belton.

mightyace

Spring Hill, TN is in both Maury and Williamson counties.  The bulk of the population is now in Williamson County (better schools) but the government offices are in Maury.  Fortunately, the county sales tax is the same for both Williamson and Maury counties.

Brentwood, TN used to be in Davidson as well as Williamson county.  However, once Davidson county went Metro (unified the city and county government), Brentwood could no longer expand into Davidson County and the expense of sending cops to Metro courts for law enforcement caused Brentwood to cede it's land to Nashville/Davidson county.  (Existing cities at the time of the Metro conversion were not required to unincorporate and become part of Nashville.

Back home, Berwick, PA is mostly in Columbia County but a small part of the borough including the high school is in Luzerne county.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.