News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Looking for a Photo of a Mast Arm Sign Blade with Two County Route Shields

Started by civilmaher, March 13, 2013, 12:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

civilmaher

I swear I've seen it before out in the field in New Jersey: a mast arm sign blade that shows two county roads branching off in different directions

Could anyone provide me with photos? My civil designer co-worker is looking for an example.

Thanks!
Opinions represent mine and no other organization that I am associated with.

jwolfer

Quote from: civilmaher on March 13, 2013, 12:29:57 PM
I swear I've seen it before out in the field in New Jersey: a mast arm sign blade that shows two county roads branching off in different directions

Could anyone provide me with photos? My civil designer co-worker is looking for an example.

Thanks!

I really like when the shield is on the signblade.  Florida has text "SR 21" or "CR 220" on the blade.  I like the street name and shield like this.

kphoger

I keep thinking I can find a Minnesota example, but I'm coming up empty.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

twinsfan87

I don't think you'll be able to find one in Minnesota. Typically the shields are not included in the sign blade and instead are on a separate green sign also attached to the mast arm.

For some reason Google Maps isn't loading on my computer, but look at the intersection of State Highway 55 and CR 116/CR 115/Pinto Drive in Plymouth for an example of how Minnesota does it.

Mr. Matté

agentsteel53

that picture hurts my eyes.  where do I click to win a free iPod?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 14, 2013, 06:57:32 PM
that picture hurts my eyes.  where do I click to win a free iPod?
No, I think this is the captcha to weed those guys out.

civilmaher

whoa! is the font really that bad?

*moves streetview back*

yep  :ded:

but really, thanks guys! especially matt, i couldn't really find an example on my own and yours is the closest that i could find, albeit signing the same county road twice. let's see what my CAD person says...

jeffandnicole

Is it necessary to have a dual county signed sign?  Would a county/state, or state/US route shield work?

One example is this: http://goo.gl/maps/eeHbq .  Actually, the sign doesn't exist anymore because the intersection is now a 4-way intersection, with 322 going E-W and 45 going N-S thru the intersection.  And it doesn't have the street name printed on it.

civilmaher

actually, i was looking for an example with two highway shields of any type, but it had to have the street name on the blade.

we decided to go with a configuration similar to the one seen at this intersection:

http://goo.gl/OZbdH

We're going to show the eastbound county route on the far side mast arm and the westbound county route on the near side mast arm.

NJRoadfan

Is it for the interchange depicted in your sample diagram? That area at Exit 91 in Brick is a strange layout.

civilmaher

_Simon

There's one at CR-517's southern terminus at CR-523.  Unfortunately, street view photos are from before the signal was errected.

Alps

Quote from: civilmaher on March 15, 2013, 01:37:29 PM
actually, i was looking for an example with two highway shields of any type, but it had to have the street name on the blade.

we decided to go with a configuration similar to the one seen at this intersection:

http://goo.gl/OZbdH

We're going to show the eastbound county route on the far side mast arm and the westbound county route on the near side mast arm.
Ran into where Middlesex CR 614 turns east of 1 yesterday. All four blades are signed 614. :no:

NJRoadfan

civilmaher

Alps

_Simon

Got two in one pic (sorry bout the rain) at CR-517 and CR-523

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.