News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I got a job!

Started by NE2, April 01, 2015, 05:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is self-deprecation funnier than ridiculous renumberings?

yes
5 (14.7%)
no
1 (2.9%)
goat
19 (55.9%)
I'm an idiot and chose this option
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: April 03, 2015, 04:29:44 PM

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

kurumi

The ADP National Employment Report revised its March 2015 numbers down to 271,999 new jobs created for the month. The Dow reacted violently, plunging 11 points after hours. The S&P 500 descended upward 0.003% in frenzied trading.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Big John

Nice promotion to Administrator!

Takumi

To make this relate to me you'd have to erase the person on the left from the last panel.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

roadman65

Funny Takumi.  I like that.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

1995hoo

Well, I did just get hired for something new starting Tuesday and that's not a joke. Perfect timing for it since I just had to replace the clutch and the power steering rack.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

74/171FAN

I joked to my friends that I went on a date with a special girl last night.  It did not take long for them to figure it out.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

kphoger

This might be the first poll I've actually voted in.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Molandfreak

Quote from: kphoger on April 01, 2015, 11:35:06 PM
This might be the first poll I've actually voted in.
According to your user stats, you've cast 7 votes. ;-)
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Alps

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 01, 2015, 11:20:14 PM
I joked to my friends that I went on a date with a special girl last night.  It did not take long for them to figure it out.
Hi, Jill!

corco

If jeffandnicole got divorced, would we have to create two different handles, one for each of them? If so, why does Jeff get to be Jeff? Getting divorced isn't Jeff-worthy.

If not, how would we ever know? And would he be lying by still being both people?

Takumi

He could change his name to jeffwithoutnicole, or something similar.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

corco

I support that option

Duke87

Quote from: Takumi on April 02, 2015, 10:42:43 PM
He could change his name to jeffwithoutnicole, or something similar.

At another forum I hang out on there was a member who registered with the name "lovejessyka4ever". After the subsequent breakup, he was permitted to change his username to "jessyka who?", which it remains to this day.

So this concept has precedent.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.