News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Private BGS

Started by Pete from Boston, April 14, 2014, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignGeek101

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on October 03, 2014, 07:19:57 PM
Quote from: formulanone on October 03, 2014, 07:05:50 PM
http://flic.kr/p/a7oVGa

Church of Christ - Spartanburg, SC

That might be a Church full of roadgeeks (not being realistic, but that would be very cool if there was a Church full of Roadgeeks that had that button copy sign)  :-D

Perhaps the pastor or priest is a roadgeek? I don't think it would be too unrealistic to suggest it. Why would a church have a button copy sign? Surely interesting.

DaBigE

Maybe they were looking for a relatively cheap sign they wouldn't have to illuminate? Or one of their members works for a sign company that got them a great deal on some surplus sign material.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Pete from Boston

I tried to ask, but:

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<info@spartanburgchurch.org>:
Mail server for "spartanburgchurch.org" unreachable for too long :"

SteveG1988

Hershey Park has a ride called the "Twin Turnpike"

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

AMLNet49

Quote from: NE2 on October 03, 2014, 12:08:12 PM

from http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/ma/us_44/

I was shocked when I scrolled down and saw this. This sign is legit 10 minutes from my house and I drove past it every day on the way to school. There is actually another Globe Liquors in Fall River that also uses this style of sign. Basically what it is, is that Globe bought old button copy signs that the then-MassHighway took down, had reflective copy made, and mounted back to back (one facing one direction, one facing the other).  It really works as an identifier and makes it stand out in an area of a ton of stores. The one in Fall River also uses back to back signs, one of which faces an access road to a highway on-ramp thus appearing to a ton of traffic.

thenetwork

Quote from: SteveG1988 on October 06, 2014, 12:20:43 PM
Hershey Park has a ride called the "Twin Turnpike"

I think the kids should petition Hershey Park to raise the speed limit on that stretch to 70 MPH!   :bigass:

I also think the "passenger station" where they stop to load and unload riders should be marked as the Breezewood Exit. :rofl:

Kennywood also had a Turnpike ride as well.  The signs were not as elaborate, though.

Brian556

Roadsguy

Hershey Park itself has some accurate BGSes at the entrance, with Highway Gothic and everything. Unfortunately, this is the best picture I could get on Street View. I just love how they gave Chocolate World a brown sign. :clap:
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.