News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

1977 Cadillac Escalade

Started by Henry, July 31, 2020, 10:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

D-Dey65

I once drew a 1968 Mercury Mountaineer from a rebadged Ford Bronco from the same year. It came in hardtop model only, had quad headlights, and a backdated "Big M" chrome grille. I wonder if Abimelec Arellano is reading this forum.

I even had an insignia with mountains merged into the Capital M for the model.

Ned Weasel

When I was a kid, I drew a mid-90s Ford Mustang sedan and station wagon.  I wish I still had those drawings, because I referenced the then-current design of the car pretty closely, but I'm pretty sure they're lost to multiple moves.  Honestly, a 4-door Mustang hatchback with a 4-cylinder engine would be a very useful car, especially if Ford wants to stop making most of its cars that aren't CUVs, SUVs, vans, and pickups.  But now I'm drifting from the topic.
:hmmm:
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

PHLBOS

Prior to Ford launching its Expedition & Crew-Cab/4-door versions of its F-150 (such was only available on heavier F-250s & F-350s at the time); Centurion conversions offered 4-door Broncos (a combination of an F-250/350 Crew Cab with a Bronco rear) as well as Crew-Cab F-150s.

Quote from: stridentweasel on August 06, 2020, 07:19:28 AM
When I was a kid, I drew a mid-90s Ford Mustang sedan and station wagon.  I wish I still had those drawings, because I referenced the then-current design of the car pretty closely, but I'm pretty sure they're lost to multiple moves.  Honestly, a 4-door Mustang hatchback with a 4-cylinder engine would be a very useful car, especially if Ford wants to stop making most of its cars that aren't CUVs, SUVs, vans, and pickups.  But now I'm drifting from the topic.
:hmmm:
FWIW, Ford pondered the possibility of a Mustang sedan when it was developing its original model.

Circa 1966, Ford even pondered a Mustang wagon model but such never got production approval.

See the below-website for pics of the above-two concepts.
Ford Mustangs That Never Were But Could Have Been Awesome
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Throckmorton

Proceed with caution

Ned Weasel

Quote from: PHLBOS on August 06, 2020, 05:03:08 PM
FWIW, Ford pondered the possibility of a Mustang sedan when it was developing its original model.

Circa 1966, Ford even pondered a Mustang wagon model but such never got production approval.

See the below-website for pics of the above-two concepts.
Ford Mustangs That Never Were But Could Have Been Awesome

Those are really interesting!  Thanks for sharing!

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

In_Correct

The Daily News Dig . com is a slow loading web site, with slang in the article, and is also a very highly opinionated article.

The Ford Mustang would have been nice to have a 4 door option. There are other 4 door options that exist such as the classic 4 door Volkswagen Beetle. A 4 door Ford Mustang would also remind me of a 4 door Mitsubishi Lancer.

The Wagon version of Ford Mustang is disappointing. It is only 2 door.

There are other cars that exist in forms that you rarely see, and are still rare.

Examples are:

The Chevrolet Caprice is easily found as a Wagon (such as uxwbill's car) as well as the other General Motors: Buick Roadmaster, Cadillac Fleetwood, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. ...

But why not Ford Crown Victoria, Lincoln Town Car, Lincoln Continental, and Mercury Grand Marquis? It would be nice to make the very large cars even larger.

The Wagon Queen Family Truckster is based off of a Ford L.T.D. Country Squire, which had plenty of wood grain paneling before being modified. The L.T.D. also had the Crown Victoria version. Full Size Wagons of these Land Yachts were very common until the 1990s versions and onward. How ever, there are some newer versions of these Land Yachts that are in Wagon version.

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Ned Weasel

Quote from: In_Correct on August 09, 2020, 01:07:09 AM

They made a Lincoln Town Car wagon, and I missed it?  Well, there's my new dream boat!

Takumi

Quote from: stridentweasel on August 09, 2020, 01:26:39 AM

They made a Lincoln Town Car wagon, and I missed it?  Well, there's my new dream boat!
No, that's either a photoshop or a custom job. Both of those Panther wagon photos look to have the wagon section of a Taurus.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

PHLBOS

Quote from: Takumi on August 09, 2020, 01:15:29 PM

No, that's either a photoshop or a custom job. Both of those Panther wagon photos look to have the wagon section of a Taurus.
Concur regarding using a section of a Taurus wagon to make those Panther wagon conversions.  At the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA earlier this month: one person brought a white '97 Crown Victoria that was converted into a wagon using a '90-'95 Taurus wagon back.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

corco

I've seen this around on the internet - the back end on this particular one is actually lifted from a Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon!

https://www.ftlauderdaleauction.com/site/open/inventory.php?ID=60375&PHOTO=8

D-Dey65

I've been seeking more of Abimelec Arellano's renderings since you posted this article. I just spotted a newer version of an International Harvester Scout, and a Ram Li'l Red Express that I can't click on because I don't have Instagram.

ftballfan

This brings to mind a doctored ad I've seen circulating around the internet for years:

D-Dey65

Quote from: ftballfan on August 17, 2020, 12:01:28 PM
This brings to mind a doctored ad I've seen circulating around the internet for years:

Add a bigger roof rack, and step ladders on the sides, and that would be a typical airport limousine conversion job by companies like Armbruster Stageway.

Verlanka

Quote from: D-Dey65 on August 18, 2020, 11:35:44 AM
Quote from: ftballfan on August 17, 2020, 12:01:28 PM

Add a bigger roof rack, and step ladders on the sides, and that would be a typical airport limousine conversion job by companies like Armbruster Stageway.
Include bigger mirrors and and open deck and you have a monster truck in the making. :colorful:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.