News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

New Oklahoma City Skyscraper

Started by The Ghostbuster, April 17, 2024, 03:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgb191

Anybody know what skyscraper replaced the Alfred Murrah building (that was destroyed in 1995)?

According to 2022, Oklahoma City has almost 700K people, compared to Boston (650K), Las Vegas (660K), Washington (670K), Detroit (620K), Baltimore (570K), and Atlanta (497K).

Oklahoma City is larger than World-class cities like Detroit and Atlanta, so yeah I would believe you if you told me that OKC is a major city by now.  Last time I was in OKC was almost a quarter-century ago, and surely it has grown by lots since this century began.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

triplemultiplex

The site of the Murrah building is a memorial so the answer to your first question is 'none'.

OKC's city limits population is deceiving because it's geographically large.  Better to look at its MSA population which is about 1.4 million making it the 42nd largest 'city' in the US.
Compare that to
Boston: 4.9 million
Las Vegas: 2.3 million
Washington: 6.3 million
Detroit: 4.3 million
Baltimore: 2.8 million
Atlanta: 6.3 million

So OKC is still a "small" city in this context.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

JayhawkCO

Quote from: jgb191 on May 08, 2024, 03:47:33 PMOklahoma City is larger than World-class cities like Detroit and Atlanta

I think this is the first time in about 40 years someone has called Detroit "world-class".

Scott5114

Just as long as he doesn't manage to hoodwink the city out of TIF money with this nonsense.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 08, 2024, 04:06:35 PMThe site of the Murrah building is a memorial so the answer to your first question is 'none'.

A new federal building was built on a different site, though:

I-290   I-294   I-55   (I-74)   (I-72)   I-40   I-30   US-59   US-190   TX-30   TX-6

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.