News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Garden State Parkway Signals

Started by Ian, August 14, 2009, 01:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Hey all!

From exits 9-11 on the Garden State Parkway, there are currently traffic signals there. Now I read that these are soon going to be replaced by normal interchanges. Does anyone know when they are set to begin or if they already have? Anyone know when they are set to be completed? If the signals are still there, I would like to go and get some shots of them.

Thanks!
Ian
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

akotchi

My understanding is that at least one of them ("Exit" 10) is under design for grade separation, but unsure about the timeline for construction.  Not sure about the others.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Alps

All three are indeed supposed to be replaced.  Right now the priority is on the Parkway and Turnpike widenings, though.  These interchanges are expensive enough that they'll probably have to wait till at least 2014 when the other projects are completely done.  (2014 is not exact but I think is the target year for the Parkway widening... from 30 to 63.)

njroadhorse

I have connections to the Cape May County road dept. and they said that construction could start by 2010 or 2011.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Roadgeek Adam

Tell the CMCRD that they can't sign their own CRs right. Arial hell County
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

njroadhorse

QuoteTell the CMCRD that they can't sign their own CRs right. Arial hell County
Sign them right, and stop recycling signs.  I thought all the county roads got renumbered :pan:
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

jeffandnicole

http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/our-projects.html

Scroll down to Garden State Parkway, Interchanges 9, 10 & 11.  There is a LOT of material to read here, including all the various alternatives and the pros and cons to each. 

While you're on the page, you can view construction info for all the other planned projects on the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.