News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

PA Turnpike exit 358 after I-95 interchange

Started by MrDisco99, August 04, 2011, 03:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDisco99

First post.

The way I understand it, the new interchange on the PA Turnpike with I-95 will result in the ticket zone boundary toll plaza being moved west of the interchange and the current plaza repurposed to collect flat fee bridge tolls leaving New Jersey.

So what happens with exit 358 when it's no longer in the ticketed zone?  Does it change to a flat rate?  I expect it would be pretty small considering how close it would be to the other toll plazas.  Does it become free?  Maybe it only charges in one direction like NJT 6A?

Mr_Northside

I'm not 100% sure offhand, but I imagine it will be free, and the booths removed.  That's what they did with the first 3 exits in Western PA when the ticket system plaza was moved east to Warrendale (Along with a now one-way flat rate barrier at the Ohio state line).
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

vdeane

Also what the Thruway did when the section between Spring Valley and Woodbury left the ticket system (more or less... it can't be compared 100% because Woodbury is inside exit 16).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

MASTERNC

It looks like the interchange itself will not be tolled.  However, westbound traffic will pay a toll for crossing the Delaware River Bridge, so that would be a de facto toll for exiting.

http://www.paturnpikei95.com/rod4.htm

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.