News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Photo apps?

Started by Mergingtraffic, August 12, 2013, 09:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

I recently started taking pics with my iPhone 4.  In some pics, the sign is darker then I want it to be b/c of background sunlight etc....any apps or programs you use to touch up the photos?  Just curious.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

hbelkins

Doesn't the Camera Roll app have some rudimentary editing tools now?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

briantroutman

Yes, if you're on iOS 6, you can tap Edit in the upper right corner when viewing a picture in the camera roll and get a couple of editing tools. The only one that would really do anything for you is the Enhance button–which may or may not help.

When you're taking pictures of an object with lights in the background, you're better off turning on the HDR setting before you take the picture. HDR tries to compensate for the lighting difference.

If you're not already, you should also tap on the object you're photographing before you take the picture so that the iPhone adjusts the exposure and focus settings for that object specifically.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.