News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

102 new road pics from a MILWAUKEE trip!

Started by bandit957, September 10, 2013, 10:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Alps

NE2

QuoteThis is the ramp from I-94 to WI 20 in Mount Pleasant. What's interesting is that this appears to have been a regular section line road before being converted into a ramp.
I don't know if it was a section line road, but the two-way frontage roads were moved outwards some time ago. The exit you took still curves out to the right where it used to cross southbound frontage traffic.
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=42.72570,-87.95388&z=15&t=T
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=42.72570,-87.95388&z=15&t=S
The same thing has been done much more recently at other interchanges south and north of this one. It looks like the only one still in its original configuration is County K.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

FightingIrish

Nice pics!

The unknown street in Wauwatosa on the second page looks like WIS 181 south of Blue Mound, but I think they had already wrapped up the construction by then.

The last picture looks like S. 76th St. south of Layton Av.

Too bad you did miss a rather interesting route just west of Miller Park. The VA grounds along Mitchell Blvd. are quite interesting, with some old historic buildings. In the US 18/Hawley Rd. pic, on the right is the north side of one of the cemeteries that make up the grounds. For road geeks, this is one of the cemeteries that the soon to be rebuilt I-94 has to work around, possibly with a double-deck structure.

And the Watertown Plank Rd. interchange has already changed since your visit. The Swan Blvd. bridge over US 45 just north of it was recently knocked down and is being replaced and rerouted. In addition, north of the medical campus, the city of Wauwatosa is building a street cutting through the county grounds as a shortcut between WPR and Swan.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.