AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A cheesy solution for Wisconsin  (Read 1458 times)

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Views expressed are my own, not my employer's.

• Last Login: Today at 12:08:09 AM
    • Alps' Roads
A cheesy solution for Wisconsin
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-16/milwaukee-will-fight-slippery-roads-with-cheese-brine

Hey, it's brine. But where else could this be economically feasible but Wisconsin?

froggie

• Last Login: December 17, 2018, 11:11:48 PM
    • Froggie's Place
Re: A cheesy solution for Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 12:04:02 AM »

Doesn't surprise me.  In the past, MnDOT has tested a brine solution using beet juice.

DaBigE

• Following the LEGOŽ brick road

• Last Login: Today at 01:35:37 AM
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 12:40:19 AM »

Doesn't surprise me.  In the past, MnDOT has tested a brine solution using beet juice.

Sun Prairie, WI has been using beet juice on an increasing basis for several years now. Quite a few communities around the Madison-area have been testing beet juice with many positive results. And despite the way the BusinessWeek article is written, according to the local news outlets, only a small section of Milwaukee will be testing the cheese brine.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

hobsini2

• Last Login: June 08, 2018, 08:02:54 PM
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10:19 PM »

Sun Prairie, WI has been using beet juice on an increasing basis for several years now. Quite a few communities around the Madison-area have been testing beet juice with many positive results. And despite the way the BusinessWeek article is written, according to the local news outlets, only a small section of Milwaukee will be testing the cheese brine.

I know I have see the beet juice mix in Beloit too last couple years.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.