News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Greetings from Southern California

Started by TheCatalyst31, May 06, 2014, 12:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCatalyst31

Hi all,

I'm TheCatalyst31, an on-and-off roadgeek from Southern California. I used to be a fairly active road editor on Wikipedia (and am still a fairly active other-stuff editor), so a few of you might recognize the username.  After lurking around this forum for a bit, I've decided to get back into this hobby.

(Also, after dealing with this, I'm highly amused by Alanland. I swear I didn't register just to see that thread.)

jakeroot

Welcome! I swear that username does look familiar.

I could not tell you exactly who on this forum is from SoCal (too many to count! Lol), but I do know "myosh_tino" is, from my knowledge, the resident expert on road signs in California.

I'm not sure if that will be helpful for you. Just the first thing that popped into my head. Never done an introduction before.  :-D

Alex

Welcome to the group!

Several other representatives from Southern California are here including Andy, Jake, Mike, etc.

sammi

Quote from: jake on May 06, 2014, 12:48:15 AM
"myosh_tino" is, from my knowledge, the resident expert on road signs in California.
He's from Cupertino; I don't think that counts as SoCal. :) But he is the Caltrans expert.

Zeffy

Welcome! California is one of my top states I want to visit.  ;-)
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

hotdogPi

Unfortunately, I live almost as far away as I can possibly be from you and still be in the United States mainland.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

rschen7754

mrsman

Welcome from an L.A. native now living near Washington DC.

andy3175

Welcome! I am glad to have another Southern California member on board! If you have any questions on San Diego and/or LA freeways, there are several of us (Michael, Daniel, etc.) ready and able to assist.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

sdmichael

Welcome. Southern California does have a lot to offer... and there are plenty of us around if you have questions.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.