News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Forum Games and Contests Section?

Started by BigMattFromTexas, July 07, 2009, 04:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

Is it just me or did anyone else like the "Forum Games and Contests" section? I did, and to me it seemed like alot of other people did to. I was just suggesting something for yall Moderators and whatnot to think about.
If you think it would be good to bring it back please say something or here (if you want).
BigMatt

Alps

It doesn't have a place in a forum about roads.  Those games are completely unrelated to the forum.  Even in our "Off-Topic" threads we try to keep the topics marginally related to roads or at least of interest regarding roads enthusiasm.  We made the executive decision not to include those games and it's staying that way, sorry.

SSOWorld

I second that, This is a forum about roads.  The focus is about roads.  Games and contests could be started within reason within one of our threads we have here, but back then they started becoming redundant and annoying.  As you see we have the Highway Number game and the guess the infrastructure element.

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

mrsman

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but in the traffic control section, there are now seven different games/challenges where people post pictures of highways or signs that have some sort of theme (like sequential order).  It seems to me that these games have overtaken the section and there is much less discussion on the actual elements of traffic control.  I suggest that the moderators consider separating the games from the Traffic Control section into its own section.

hotdogPi

Quote from: mrsman on July 30, 2017, 08:22:20 AM
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but in the traffic control section, there are now seven different games/challenges where people post pictures of highways or signs that have some sort of theme (like sequential order).  It seems to me that these games have overtaken the section and there is much less discussion on the actual elements of traffic control.  I suggest that the moderators consider separating the games from the Traffic Control section into its own section.

There are more than 7.

Active

Original
City name
Street name
Interstate
Daily picture
Take it yourself
Difference

Completed
US route

Went for a while, but stopped
Street number
Adjacent state
Scenic roads
Connect the cities

Failed
New York State Route
3di
Freeway

However, the only one I had to add was the number difference challenge; I copied this list from May 21, and that was the only one I had to add.

EDIT: When I originally wrote this, I said that I didn't have to add any since May 21, and the difference challenge wasn't in the list.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: mrsman on July 30, 2017, 08:22:20 AM
That would be a very barren section.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

empirestate

In the OP for the Daily Picture Challenge, I did suggest that the moderators move it to a more appropriate forum, if warranted (as the thread was never intended to be solely about signs).

iPhone

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.