News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

MillTheRoadgeek, from the DC area, has joined the game.

Started by MillTheRoadgeek, July 02, 2014, 07:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MillTheRoadgeek

Welcome, AARoads!  :wave:

Allow me to introduce myself. I am BatteryMill (MillTheRoadgeek here!), a DC area roadgeek with an everlasting passion for highways, streets, and roads of all kinds. I have known of AARoads since 2008, but have only lurked around on the main site and the forums from time to time until now.

Some of my favorite roads are Route 123 (Ox Road), Route 210 (Indian Head Highway), John Hanson Highway (Route 50), and pretty much every one you can name.

That was kinda short  :hmmm:, but I was a little lazy here. Anyway, that's all, and I hope I can see all of you with me on this forum real soon!  :happy:

-BatteryMill

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

MillTheRoadgeek

Quote from: 1 on July 02, 2014, 07:07:47 PM
Do you actually live in DC?

Well, I live in VA, but I'm just really integrated into the whole DC area in general.

Zeffy

Quote from: 1 on July 02, 2014, 07:07:47 PM
Do you actually live in DC?

He said the D.C. area, which pretty much encompasses the nearby cities of Arlington and Alexandria, Virginia as well as areas like Silver Spring, Maryland to name a few.

Anywho, welcome to the forums!  :sombrero:
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

mrsman

Welcome from a California roadgeek who's been living in Silver Spring for the past 13 years.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

1995hoo

Welcome to the funny farm. I live in Kingstowne and know the roads you mentioned quite well.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: MillTheRoadgeek on July 02, 2014, 07:06:55 PM
Some of my favorite roads are Route 123 (Ox Road),

I know them all pretty well - Va. 123 is interesting for its many names (it can't seem to make up its mind).

From south to north:

Gordon Boulevard
Ox Road
Chain Bridge Road
Maple Avenue W
Maple Avenue E
Chain Bridge Road
Dolley Madison Boulevard
Chain Bridge Road
Chain Bridge
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

MillTheRoadgeek

Quote from: cpzilliacus on July 03, 2014, 03:36:04 PM
Quote from: MillTheRoadgeek on July 02, 2014, 07:06:55 PM
Some of my favorite roads are Route 123 (Ox Road),

I know them all pretty well - Va. 123 is interesting for its many names (it can't seem to make up its mind).

From south to north:

Gordon Boulevard
Ox Road
Chain Bridge Road
Maple Avenue W
Maple Avenue E
Chain Bridge Road
Dolley Madison Boulevard
Chain Bridge Road
Chain Bridge

Cool. I know the whole straight-forward alignment of Route 625 (it may not be 625, but whatever) in LoCo.
E. Frederick Dr
E. Church Road
Oaktree Ln
(back to) E. Church Road
W. Church Road
Waxpool Road
Farmwell Road
Ashburn Farm Pkwy
Sycolin Road
Plaza St SE
Plaza St NE
Whoa...

froggie

QuoteHe said the D.C. area, which pretty much encompasses the nearby cities of Arlington and Alexandria, Virginia as well as areas like Silver Spring, Maryland to name a few.

Depending on how picky the individual is, "DC area" can range anywhere from the Blue Ridge to the Chesapeake, and from the Rappahannock to I-70.  In his case, I'd just say "Northern Virginia", though I did specify my area (Huntington) when I lived there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.