News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Duplicated High Priority Corridors

Started by jbnv, July 22, 2014, 02:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbnv

Just noticed that some Louisiana corridors are listed twice on the High Priority Corridors document:

Quote1. North-South Corridor from Kansas City, Missouri, to Shreveport, Louisiana.
37. United States Route 90 from I-49 in Lafayette, Louisiana, to I-10 in New Orleans.
44. The Louisiana Highway 1 corridor from Grand Isle, Louisiana, along Louisiana Highway 1, to the intersection with United States Route 90.
72. The North-South corridor, along Interstate Route 49 North, from Kansas City, Missouri, to Shreveport, Louisiana.
73. The Louisiana Highway corridor, along Louisiana Highway 1, from Grand Isle, Louisiana, to the intersection with United States Route 90.
74. The portion of United States Route 90 from Interstate Route 49 in Lafayette, Louisiana, to Interstate Route 10 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Do the "duplicated" corridors actually represent separate corridors? Or is this just sloppy documentation.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Anthony_JK

Quote from: jbnv on July 22, 2014, 02:14:16 PM
Just noticed that some Louisiana corridors are listed twice on the High Priority Corridors document:

Quote1. North-South Corridor from Kansas City, Missouri, to Shreveport, Louisiana.
37. United States Route 90 from I-49 in Lafayette, Louisiana, to I-10 in New Orleans.
44. The Louisiana Highway 1 corridor from Grand Isle, Louisiana, along Louisiana Highway 1, to the intersection with United States Route 90.
72. The North-South corridor, along Interstate Route 49 North, from Kansas City, Missouri, to Shreveport, Louisiana.
73. The Louisiana Highway corridor, along Louisiana Highway 1, from Grand Isle, Louisiana, to the intersection with United States Route 90.
74. The portion of United States Route 90 from Interstate Route 49 in Lafayette, Louisiana, to Interstate Route 10 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Do the "duplicated" corridors actually represent separate corridors? Or is this just sloppy documentation.

Probably just sloppy description.

US 90 in Lafayette does not directly connect with existing I-49, and won't until the I-49 Connector is built. Likewise, the Westbank Expressway is designated as US 90 Business or US 90X, not US 90. The latter "duplications" are more than likely attempted clarifications to the earlier corridors.

Grzrd

HPC 72 refined HPC 1 by statutorily designating the corridor as I-49, which had the most significant impact in Arkansas because the Congressional designation allows I-49 and US 49 to coexist there.

I have no idea what HPCs 73 and 74 were meant to accomplish (insert joke about I-73 and I-74 in North Carolina).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.