AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strange habits you have  (Read 48430 times)

Rothman

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 11:20:50 PM
Re: Strange habits you have
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2021, 07:33:26 PM »

You people are strange.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

1995hoo

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 10:54:53 PM
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2021, 08:14:36 PM »

Uh... no. It's just a bowl of cereal. If you call it a bowl of cereal (and sometimes even if you don't), then it's automatically assumed that you're having milk with it.

You know the old saying about when you assume.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
óOlaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"óKolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

webny99

• Left lane is for passing, not camping!

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 11:04:28 PM
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2021, 08:51:12 PM »

I donít particularly enjoy eating ďbreakfastĒ foods, so my breakfast often consists of sandwiches, pizza, tacos, burgers, or pasta

Yeah, that is strange. I'm the opposite, I love almost all breakfast foods. A good home-cooked breakfast is one of the best meals you can get.

Uh... no. It's just a bowl of cereal. If you call it a bowl of cereal (and sometimes even if you don't), then it's automatically assumed that you're having milk with it.

You know the old saying about when you assume.

I do... but in this case, what other assumption could possibly be made? Surely if you were going to eat cereal dry (without milk), you wouldn't pour it into a bowl and eat it with a spoon. And surely if you were going to eat it with something other than milk, well, what would that possibly be? The first things that even come to mind are various milk substitutes like almond and soy milk.

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 10:40:34 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2021, 09:12:35 PM »

I only enjoy cereal without milk.

On my Facebook page a few days ago, I asked if I'm the only person who eats Cheerios straight from a box like a snack. I was surprised at the number of people who do the same.

I don't like sugary cereals. I'll eat corn flakes, crisped rice, and the like only with milk. However, i will eat sugar puffs (or whatever they happen to be called) dry.

1995hoo

« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2021, 09:20:41 PM »

.... Surely if you were going to eat cereal dry (without milk), you wouldn't pour it into a bowl and eat it with a spoon. ....

Thatís what I do, although I donít eat cereal very often anyway.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"óKolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

wanderer2575

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 02:55:50 PM
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2021, 10:15:51 PM »

I only enjoy cereal without milk.

I don't mind some milk, but too much is no good. Cereal is best when enjoyed crunchy.

kenarmy

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 11:28:18 PM
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2021, 10:19:49 PM »

I wipe my hands on shower curtains if there isn't any towels. Using tissue is gross.
Idk if this is strange, but when I take my contacts out I throw them on the floor.
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

webny99

« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2021, 11:09:35 PM »

.... Surely if you were going to eat cereal dry (without milk), you wouldn't pour it into a bowl and eat it with a spoon. ....

Yipes. Maybe we should poll this issue. I had no idea that was a thing.

kenarmy

« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2021, 11:52:21 PM »

Gross. That's like eating chips or popcorn with a spoon.

formulanone

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 08:31:07 PM
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2021, 04:58:01 AM »

1995hoo

« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2021, 07:50:21 AM »

What do you expect someone to do? Iím not going to use my hands to scoop it up, especially if itís a sugary cereal like Frosted Flakes.

zachary_amaryllis

• Just another guy who likes highway stuff.

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 08:59:31 AM
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2021, 08:04:36 AM »

I do... but in this case, what other assumption could possibly be made? Surely if you were going to eat cereal dry (without milk), you wouldn't pour it into a bowl and eat it with a spoon. And surely if you were going to eat it with something other than milk, well, what would that possibly be? The first things that even come to mind are various milk substitutes like almond and soy milk.

cheerios are good with a well-sugared-and-creamed cup of coffee in them.
interstates clinched: 64, the *64's in hampton roads va AND as of 8-23, filled in the last of i-80, pine bluffs to cheyenne!

kenarmy

« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2021, 08:25:55 AM »

What do you expect someone to do? Iím not going to use my hands to scoop it up, especially if itís a sugary cereal like Frosted Flakes.

Well idk then, pour it in your mouth or something  :-D

formulanone

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 08:31:07 PM
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2021, 08:39:31 AM »

Travel mugs of cereal work for me, especially if driving involves getting up early.

achilles765

• We are eagles of one nest; the nest is in our soul

• Last Login: Today at 12:00:37 AM
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2021, 10:10:05 AM »

Gosh. I have Aspergerís so I have a few. In a car, I like read out the highway signs. I also have to sleep in total darkness with the door closed. My husband though has to have a small light on and the door open. So I sleep in the guest room/ my man cave  with the dog most nights.
When I Play a video game I have a tic where I randomly hit pause

kphoger

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 09:39:18 PM
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2021, 03:19:06 PM »

Cereal is best when enjoyed crunchy.

I prefer my cereal to be fairly soggy.  The first thing I do when I sit down is to submerge all the cereal as well as I can, working in segments of the bowl if necessary.

I guess I'm one of the few who gets dairy from other sources. Milk is something I rarely purchase, much less consume directly.

We go through 2.5 gallons of milk a week in our house, but that's because we have three children and a home daycare.  The only milk I consume is (a) on my daily morning bowl of granola and (b) in my Sunday morning tea.  Now, cheese, on the other hand...  Well, cheese is my absolute favorite vegetable.

Related question: Is cereal with milk soup?

Imagine if you'd never seen a bowl of cereal before.  Then someone hands you a bowl first thing in the morning.  What kind of crazy soup is this! you'd think to yourself.  You'd think the host was insane, trying to feed that to you for breakfast.

My eldest son eats dry cereal in the morningówell, he used to before he switched to hot instant oatmeal recently.  Anyway, he gets a paper towel, puts it on the table, and pours a huge mound of dry cereal on it.  It's common for pieces to fall of the mound, land on the chair, land on the floor...  Believe me, I wish he'd just use a bowl.  Not a spoon, just a bowl.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Bruce

• Transit Commuter

• Last Login: Today at 12:01:56 AM
    • Wikipedia
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2021, 05:41:12 PM »

Lactose tolerance is a strange habit, according to most of the world's population. Milk is good as an ingredient, but not by itself.

Rothman

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 11:20:50 PM
« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2021, 07:00:23 PM »

My eldest son eats dry cereal in the morningówell, he used to before he switched to hot instant oatmeal recently.  Anyway, he gets a paper towel, puts it on the table, and pours a huge mound of dry cereal on it.  It's common for pieces to fall of the mound, land on the chair, land on the floor...  Believe me, I wish he'd just use a bowl.  Not a spoon, just a bowl.

How old is he?

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kenarmy

« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2021, 08:08:45 PM »

I do this as well even though I know it's probably smarter to get a bowl haha. It's just something about paper towels that I can't get out of a bowl.

OracleUsr

• Last Login: February 23, 2021, 12:20:36 AM
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2021, 11:58:35 PM »

Cereal is best when enjoyed crunchy.

I prefer my cereal to be fairly soggy.  The first thing I do when I sit down is to submerge all the cereal as well as I can, working in segments of the bowl if necessary.

I guess I'm one of the few who gets dairy from other sources. Milk is something I rarely purchase, much less consume directly.

We go through 2.5 gallons of milk a week in our house, but that's because we have three children and a home daycare.  The only milk I consume is (a) on my daily morning bowl of granola and (b) in my Sunday morning tea.  Now, cheese, on the other hand...  Well, cheese is my absolute favorite vegetable.

Related question: Is cereal with milk soup?

Imagine if you'd never seen a bowl of cereal before.  Then someone hands you a bowl first thing in the morning.  What kind of crazy soup is this! you'd think to yourself.  You'd think the host was insane, trying to feed that to you for breakfast.

We did something similar at an afterschool daycare program, for an afternoon snack, in the 70's.  Loved the Froot Loops, not wild about others.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

GaryV

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 06:28:16 PM
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2021, 09:49:53 AM »

It's just something about paper towels that I can't get out of a bowl.
Cellulose?

kphoger

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 09:39:18 PM
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2021, 11:46:25 AM »

We did something similar at an afterschool daycare program, for an afternoon snack, in the 70's.  Loved the Froot Loops, not wild about others.

You just quoted four different comments of mine at once, without removing any of them before posting.  Which thing did you do at daycare?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

webny99

« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2021, 02:01:53 PM »

We did something similar at an afterschool daycare program, for an afternoon snack ...

You just quoted four different comments of mine at once, without removing any of them before posting.  ...

If you're on a mobile device, it can be very annoying to trim the quotes.

Personally, though, I like to trim as much as possible, so if it looks like the trimming could get messy and/or complicated and/or time consuming, I'll just wait until I have a chance to reply from the computer.

jakeroot

• U/Wash | GIS & Urban Design

• Location: Seattle and Tacoma, WA Vancouver, BC | Arlington, VA
  • Last Login: March 05, 2021, 11:59:38 PM
    • Flickr
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2021, 07:39:09 PM »

I donít particularly enjoy eating ďbreakfastĒ foods, so my breakfast often consists of sandwiches, pizza, tacos, burgers, or pasta (not always last nightís leftovers; often things I made or bought fresh that morning). Used to have meat and potatoes in a crock pot for breakfast when I was in high school. I should start doing that again.

Taco Bell starts lunch at 9 and I think Sonic does it all day, so those are often my morning go-tos on the road.

So do you eat two lunches, or an early lunch and then dinner?
Check out my Flickr  |  Comments which I make here do not reflect positions of the University of Washington ("UW"), anyone employed by UW, nor any other students of UW. All comments are my own, and reflect my own ridiculous opinions.

Scott5114

• Last Login: March 05, 2021, 11:56:12 PM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2021, 07:48:35 PM »

I generally eat cereal with milk, but sometimes I will munch on it straight out of the box, as H.B. mentions above, while watching TV. It's not that much weirder than snacking on potato chips.

I like milk enough to drink it straight and go through roughly 2 gallons a week.

I got in the habit of disliking breakfast foods whenever I worked graveyard shift. Nobody wants to get off a nine-hour shift and eat breakfast foods, but that's pretty much the only thing most restaurants had. Sonic, Whataburger, and Jack in the Box were the holy trifecta, because all three offered lunch items during breakfast hours.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.