News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Route 206 Freeway Reconstruction Project

Started by Zeffy, April 01, 2015, 11:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeffy

QuoteThe New Jersey Department of Transportation is pleased to announce that construction has officially begun on the Route 206 Freeway Reconstruction Project. The project, which sees a 23 mile stretch of Route 206 from Hillsborough Township, Somerset County all the way to Trenton, Mercer County upgraded into a full freeway facility, will greatly improve the congestion experienced along this corridor, and finally create a full freeway routing from Trenton to New York.

QuoteThe project, which is expected to last until 2042, will replace the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate 95 interchange project, in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, as the solution to the "gap" in Interstate 95 currently exhibited near Lawrenceville, Mercer County.

QuoteThe first phase of this project, which will upgrade the portion of Route 206 between Hillsborough Township and Montgomery Township, is expected to last until 2018 and cost $666,000,000. Phases 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, which upgrade subsequent portions of Route 206, will begin following the completion of the previous phase and is expected to cost $4.2 billion.

So that's why I'm hearing a bunch of construction equipment outside my house this morning...
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Buffaboy

Quote from: Zeffy on April 01, 2015, 11:37:15 AM
QuoteThe New Jersey Department of Transportation is pleased to announce that construction has officially begun on the Route 206 Freeway Reconstruction Project. The project, which sees a 23 mile stretch of Route 206 from Hillsborough Township, Somerset County all the way to Trenton, Mercer County upgraded into a full freeway facility, will greatly improve the congestion experienced along this corridor, and finally create a full freeway routing from Trenton to New York.

QuoteThe project, which is expected to last until 2042, will replace the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate 95 interchange project, in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, as the solution to the "gap" in Interstate 95 currently exhibited near Lawrenceville, Mercer County.

QuoteThe first phase of this project, which will upgrade the portion of Route 206 between Hillsborough Township and Montgomery Township, is expected to last until 2018 and cost $666,000,000. Phases 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, which upgrade subsequent portions of Route 206, will begin following the completion of the previous phase and is expected to cost $4.2 billion.

So that's why I'm hearing a bunch of construction equipment outside my house this morning...

2042? WTF? I'll be in my 40s I think!
What's not to like about highways and bridges, intersections and interchanges, rails and planes?

My Wikipedia county SVG maps: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Buffaboy

PHLBOS

Is it me or does this project scream April Fool! ?
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Mr. Matté

Pretty obvious due to your obsession with that 206 project but I must say nice recreation of the DOT webpage.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Zeffy on April 01, 2015, 11:37:15 AM
Quotewill greatly improve the congestion experienced along this corridor, and finally create a full freeway routing from Trenton to New York.

"Improve the congestion"...not decrease the congestion.  I like it!  :sombrero:

Technically, starting at Cass Street via 29, 195 and the NJ Turnpike, the full freeway routing does exist from Trenton to NY!

Quote from: Mr. Matté on April 01, 2015, 12:14:31 PM
Pretty obvious due to your obsession with that 206 project but I must say nice recreation of the DOT webpage.

Agreed!

Zeffy

Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 01, 2015, 12:32:13 PM

Agreed!

Haha, thanks!  :) And yeah, it would be fairly obvious because A. this won't EVER happen (all of Hillsborough's and Montgomery's businesses are ON 206, so destroying them would literally kill the towns), and B. well, it's April Fools day. And I have to have an obsession with this - it's the only "worthwhile" project in my area, and I still haven't seen them resume construction yet despite it being Spring!!!  :ded:

FWIW, that whole thing was done using Google Chrome's "inspect elements" feature, and my HTML knowledge.  ;-)
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

roadman65

I knew this was a Fool's joke.  NJDOT giving in is too good to be true especially since they have trouble finishing the Hillsborough Bypass.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

DeaconG

(Slow clap)

Brilliant...absolutely brilliant...the best April Fool's joke going today so far.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

J Route Z

This really got me. I was all excited and everything, lol.  :clap:

dgolub

US 206 goes straight through the middle of Princeton.  Fat chance that would ever become a freeway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.