Have you been on all the interstates in your state?

Started by golden eagle, September 06, 2009, 03:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: sandiaman on July 15, 2010, 06:48:28 PM
I  have  been  on every mile  of Interstates in CA,NV, NM,  ID,  RI, DE.  (those  last two are  easy)  CT, WA, and OR

I am most impressed with CA and NM.  That's a lot of boring travel!  (I could have clinched more interstates in MS, AL, etc. when I did my southern trip, but opted for a range of roads and only went after the 3di's.)

agentsteel53

NM's interstate mileage is quite interesting!  California does have a few useless interstates, like 980 and 710, but New Mexico stayed away from the trend of building three-digit commuter routes.  All their roads actually go somewhere... and no, the Port of Long Beach doesn't much count as a somewhere especially if you can't be bothered to build the freeway in entirety.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

hbelkins

I've clinched all the interstates in my home state of Kentucky, and also in my grandfather Elkins' native state of West Virginia.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

KEK Inc.

In Washington, I'm missing a rather large stretch of I-82 between the Tri-Cities and Ellensburg.  I don't think I've been on I-705 in Tacoma.  

In California, I'm missing most of I-605, some of I-805, a sliver of I-105, all of I-215, all of I-210, parts of I-710, much of I-15 between Riverside and Barstow, all of I-40, most of I-405, I-10 east of Palm Springs, and I-8 east of El Cajon.

Otherwise, I've been on the entire stretch of I-5 (except for the border crossing at San Ysidero).  I've also been on the entire stretch of I-80 in California.
Take the road less traveled.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

KillerTux

Yep every interstate even the "secret" 595 which I hate so much for making me late everyday.

yanksfan6129

Looks like I'm missing just a few stretches of some interstates in NJ. I'm missing 676 through Camden but I have 676/76 to 295. I'm almost 100% sure I have all of 295 and 195. I'm missing the very end of 278 from the turnpike intersection to US 1. And I'm missing 78 between the NWK Airport interchange and the Turnpike. And I think that's it.

ATLRedSoxFan

In GA, I've clinched every Interstate except for I-185, 516 and 520. In FL, everything except far-west I-10 from Crestview West. Of course, I've done I-95 in Deleware, Maine and Rhode Island. In MA I've hit all of both I-93 and 95. In VT, all of I-89, 91 and 93. In NH, all of I-89 and 93. In NY, all of I-87 and 90. Starting to get off topic, sorry..

Bickendan

In Oregon, yep.

California, all of I-5, 10, 105, 110, 205, 210 (not the CA 210 portion), 380, 505, 710 (incl. CA 710), 980.
Portions of I-215, 280, 405, 580, 605, 680.

dfilpus

I've clinched all of the interstates in NC except the newest section of I 485 from NC 16 to I 77 and I 26 north of Mars Hill. This includes all of the fragments (including those signed Future) of I 73 and I 74.

AZDude

Even though I've lived in AZ for 24 years, I have never driven on I-19  :-o

This will soon change. 

yakra

Quote from: tmthyvs on July 15, 2010, 06:27:43 PMThese days, that commute is impossible, since I-270 is now extended to I-25 and the ramp from SB I-25 to EB I-270 has been closed.
Hm, that must be pretty new. I see the ramp is gone from teh googol maps, but there's still traffic on it in GMSV & satellite view. The geometry on that ramp looks a bit crap, but it sucks to lose access from local streets..

Post Merge: August 04, 2010, 05:31:12 AM

Quote from: AlpsROADS on July 15, 2010, 12:29:06 AM
ME: All but current I-95 (former I-495), ME Turnpike tolled portion (do not know what, if any, I am missing)
Sounds like you recently got I-195.
The "ME Turnpike tolled portion" remark throws me off a bit...
Do you fear you missed a segment between York and Portland? If not, it's redundant with the "former I-495" description.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

yakra

I've clinched all of CT's interstate mileage. But "my state" is ME, and as I don't have My Papers together, I'm still missing that last segment of I-95 before the Canadian border.
Otherwise, traveled sombunall of every interstate in RI, NH, VT & CT. Still missing 195 & 295 in MA.

I-129 is too far north, and holding me back from also making that claim in NE. And apparently I didn't have my shit together enough to clinch 480 or 680 while in Omaha.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

corco

QuoteHm, that must be pretty new. I see the ramp is gone from teh googol maps, but there's still traffic on it in GMSV & satellite view. The geometry on that ramp looks a bit crap, but it sucks to lose access from local streets..

I think he means SB I-25 to EB I-76, because SB I-25 to EB I-270 is definitely open- I drive that ramp at least once a month

UptownRoadGeek

I have been on them all, but I've clinched all of them except one.

Ian

I'm not even close to being on all interstates in my home state of Pennsylvania. In fact, I have never been west of Gettysburg. However, I have clinched all the interstates in Delaware, Rhode Island, and District of Columbia but have been on all the interstates in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

yakra

Quote from: corco on July 18, 2010, 03:04:23 PM
I think he means SB I-25 to EB I-76, because ...
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. The closure looks pretty recent.

Edit: Yowza!

froggie

I'll bite...

I've clinched every mile of Interstate in 6 states (AL, DE, HI, MD, MS, VT) plus the District of Columbia.

I've been on (but not clinched) every Interstate in 12 states (AR, KY, LA, ME, MN, NH, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV, WI).

And there are 10 other states (CT, IN, IA, NJ, NM, NC, ND, RI, SD, UT) where there's only one Interstate I haven't been on.

cu2010

I just clinched I-90 in New York today; I drove the remaining 50 or so miles that I had not travelled today (between I-481 in Syracuse and 5/8/12 in Utica, along with a short section of the free section between the Thruway and I-787) while on a short day trip to Albany. So far, it's the only 2di in NY I've clinched.

I've also clinched 290, 490, and 590 (along with 587 and 790, but those aren't real Interstates), and been on a good chunk of 81, 86, 87, 190, 390, 481, and 787, along with a very small section of 287. Was gonna clinch 890 today (since it was on the way back from Albany), but I was in a hurry and didn't feel up to a side trip through Schenectady.

Still got a long ways to go before I'm close to getting them all...
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Troubleshooter

In Indiana, I have driven on all of the Interstates:

64 - clinched (entire length of 64, except the new MO part just opened)
65 - clinched in the state
69 - all but the part north of the Indiana Toll Road and the 2 miles just opened near Evansville
70 - clinched in the state
74 - all but the part west of Crawfordsville, was a passenger on that part
80 - all but the part east of I-69, was a passenger for that part
90 - all but the part east of I-69, was a passenger for that part
94 - clinched

164 - clinched
265 - clinched
465 - clinched
469 - clinched
865 - clinched

Other freeways in Indiana:

US-20 US-31 Elkhart Mishawaka South Bemd Niles bypass - clinched
Airport Expressway (Indianapolis) - clinched
A two-mile freeway on IN-37 (Bloomington -future I-69) -clinched
US-50 US-41 Vincennes bypass - clinched, even to Lawrenceville IL
IN 265 past the end of I-265 - clinched

Have not been on IN-912
Have not been on the tiny loop of I-275 in Indiana (Cincinnati OH bypass)

countysigns

I think the only Interstate I have not been on is I-670 in Columbus (don't get there too often), but other than that, been on them all.

huskeroadgeek

I've been all over the country(44 states), but I haven't clinched all of the interstate mileage in any state, not even my home state of Nebraska where I lack only I-129. I only have very short portions of a couple of interstates in Missouri and Arkansas that I haven't been on.

jdb1234

I have been on all of the interstates in Alabama except one: I-759.  I have not been on I-20/59 between the Mississippi line and I-359 or on I-85 between Montgomery and Valley or I-10 from the Mississippi line to I-65.

mightyace

Quote from: jdb1234 on August 18, 2010, 10:18:19 PM
I have been on all of the interstates in Alabama except one: I-759.

I-759 is one of the two interstates in AL that I have clinched.  I-565 is the other.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

brownpelican

I've still have yet to travel I-220 in Shreveport/Bossier City.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.