News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Have you been on all the interstates in your state?

Started by golden eagle, September 06, 2009, 03:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

I can say that I have been on all the interstates in Mississippi. Of course, not all on one trip, but I was able to complete this (for now) when I traveled on I-69 from Southaven to Tunica a couple of months ago. I say for now because once U.S. 78 is recommissioned to I-22, then my journey is incomplete. I didn't include non-interstate freeways like U.S. 78.   

74/171FAN

No it's sad for me to live in VA and say that I've never been on I-81(even though that will change in October) or I-77  :-(
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

andytom

I've got all the interstate miles in the last 2 states that I've lived in (OR and ID).  The previous state, ND, I'm missing the section of I-29 north of Grand Forks.

--Andy

Sykotyk

I've been on every mile of 2di in Ohio. I still need the northern part from I-74 to I-71 of I-275, however around Cincinnati to clinch all of the interstates. And in neighboring states, I have all of West Virginia, all of Indiana, all of Kentucky (still need two parkways, Mountain and Rogers for all the freeways), and all of Pennsylvania (except a small stretch of I-95 in Philadelphia).

I've also clinched all of Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Colorado, Oregon, Illinois, New Hampshire, and Maine (in addition to Indiana, West Virginia, and Kentucky).

So, 13 of 49 possible states.

Sykotyk

Duke87

No, but then again I only just got my own car a couple months ago and you don't get an excuse to go somewhere every day.

More specifically, this is what I'm missing for Connecticut:
- I-84 west of exit 3
- I-91 between exits 8 and 17
- all of I-291
- all of I-691
- all of I-395
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

PAHighways

I have all of the Interstate and toll road mileage clinched in Pennsylvania.

As for other states:  I have all of DE, MD, RI, and WV in their entirety, only the 2dis in NJ and OK, and only the 3dis in ME, OH, VA, and WY.

Bryant5493

I've been on all the Interstates in Georgia save for I-59.

*EDIT* I meant Interstates. There are a few freeway sections that I've not been on in Georgia.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

mgk920

I have been on all of the interstates in Wisconsin, as well as all of them in Illinois north of and including I-72, plus the I-24/57 corridor into Kentucky.

Of the other states, I have been on all of the I-routes in:

-Delaware.

Mike

agentsteel53

I have been in all the interstates in all four states I have lived in: CA, FL, MA, and now NM.  NM is fairly simple: just 10, 25, 40.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

xonhulu

I've only lived in 2 states, OR and AZ, and I've driven all of Oregon's interstates probably at least 10 times over, but thanks to I-15, that's not true for AZ.  I've also clinched 3 of the 4 neighboring states' interstates, those 3 being WA, ID, and NV, but not even close on CA.  I've also clinched Montana's, New Mexico's, and oddly Rhode Island's interstates (not that it was difficult).

hbelkins

I have all the interstate mileage in Kentucky. I also have all the interstate mileage in West Virginia.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alex

I've clinched all of the Interstates for each state in which I have lived except for North Carolina. This includes AL, CA, DE, FL, and GA with sections of I-40 and 74 still needed for NC. Overall I have 19 states and DC clinched and will have state number 20 tomorrow with I-20's clinching in LA!

golden eagle

As I mentioned, I've clinched the interstates in Mississippi, but as far as other limited-access roads I'm missing, according to my atlas:

U.S. 45 around Meridian, Tupelo north of U.S. 78/future I-22 and around Corinth
U.S. 78 east of Olive Branch to the Alabama border
U.S. 61 south of the merge with U.S. 49 at Clarksdale
MS 7 north of Oxford

I'm close to clinching interstates in Alabama. I'm missing I-59 northward from the I-20 split at Birmingham, I-459 between I-20 and I-59 east of the city, I-759 in Gadsden, all of I-565 and I-165 in Mobile.

rawr apples

I've been on every interstate in Oregon, just have not clinched 2 of them entirely..I-205 south of I-84, and I-84 east of Multnomah Falls. this however will change in the next month

I've also been on every interstate in Michigan, just have not clinched some entirely
Now shut up and drivee

Duke87

Of the other states, I have been on all of the I-routes in:

-Delaware.

As have I, come to think of it, although really, that isn't saying much. Less than 40 miles of interstate there.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

deathtopumpkins

Sadly I've only clinched all of the Hampton Roads 3dis, and the only 2di I've driven on is I-64. Though I have been on all but I-66 in VA as a passenger.

That will, however, change shortly.  :cool:
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Alps

From my log, all Interstate mileage in: CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, NH, NJ, RI

(NY, all I'm missing is most of the I-90 part of the Thruway.  VT, I believe I'm missing I-91 from I-89 to I-93.  ME, I'm missing I-195 and the Maine Turnpike (formerly 495, now 95).  PA, I'm missing the southern tip of I-99 and most of I-79.)

Edit: Hawaii, all I'm missing is the western end of I-H1 beyond Pearl Harbor.

corco

I've done all interstate mileage at some point in my life in Washington and (strangely) New Hampshire, and I'm dangerously close with Oregon (just I-5 between Ashland and Eugene) and Idaho (just I-15 south of Pocatello), and I should have Wyoming done by the end of the year

wytout

Being that CT is such a small state areawise, it wasn't very difficult to drive every mile of Interstate we have.  Honestly, I'm confident in saying I've seen it all in this state several times over.  The only interstate in CT that I've only travelled the length of once (that I can remember) was I-691 which connects I-91 in Meriden to I-84 in Southington, as I just never have any real reason to be in that area.
-Chris

SP Cook

I have driven every mile of every interstate in WV, a dozen times over.  I have also, quite unintenionally done so in Delaware, Virginia, and Hawaii.

Leaving out 3dis I have been on at least part of every interstate in FL, SC, NC, KY, OH, PA, ME, and NV. 

Chris

In the Netherlands, which is a country only about the size of 1/3rd of Ohio (population 16 million) has 1500 miles of freeways, and I have been on nearly every mile of them, give or take a few miles here and there (unimportant spurs). In Germany, I have driven 66% of the Autobahn network (which is 7,500 miles long) and about 45% of the French Autoroute network, which has a similar length of that of Germany.

I log my travelled freeways into an excel file, so I can calculate the percentage and number of kilometers driven of a certain freeway network.

njroadhorse

I've been on every interstate in New Jersey except for I-278, and have clinched all of said NJ interstates except for I-95, I-195 and I-295.

I'm also only 3 interstates away from being on all of Pennsylvania's as well.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

74/171FAN

QuoteNo it's sad for me to live in VA and say that I've never been on I-81(even though that will change in October) or I-77 
I meant to include I-381, I-581, and I-464 along with those
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

ctsignguy

I have clinched all the Interstates in Connecticut...

Ohio, a bit different...i have all of 70, 71, 74, 75, 76. 77, 270, 470, 670, 271, 475, 675

I dont have all of I-80 or I-90 (missing 90 west of Euclid, and I-80 west of the I-76/80 split), and have very few segments of 471 and 480; and none of 490 and 680
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

roadfro

I've been on every Interstate in Nevada...which isn't hard given only two 2dis (I-15 & I-80) and three 3dis (I-215, I-515, I-580).  However, I haven't clinched I-80 through the central and eastern parts of Northern Nevada.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.