News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I-80 Widening Mahoning/Trumbull County, Ohio

Started by coldshoulder, December 17, 2015, 08:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldshoulder

Don't have any photos, but the adding of a third lane  on Interstate 80 in each direction from, ultimately I think, Belmont Ave./193 westward to Rt. 46 in Austintown, just ahead of the Ohio Turnpike interchange, got underway this summer, and the great fall and early winter weather have allowed crews to accomplish a great deal thus far, at least in the initial construction zone from the Salt Springs Road exit westward to the I-80/Rt. 11 split.

Much work remains to be done, but there is ongoing construction activity now in the area of the I-80, I-680, Rt. 11 interchange--one of the notorious left lane exits design prevalent to three major freeway intersections in the Mahoning Valley--and where squeezing in one more lane on the I-80 mainline, which was basically constructed as an exit ramp, will be both tight and tricky.

As a note of caution, there have, and continue to be, many major accidents involving semi trucks on this stretch of freeway, and especially since the construction commenced.  So if you are traveling through this area, please slow down and be alert and prepared to stop.  A viable detour is the posted one--if you are traveling east, continue straight (but marked as exit) onto I-680 South/East, to 711-North, (& back) to 80-East.  Westbound travelers will need to bear left for the exit to 711-South, to I-680 North/West, to 80-West.
You're just like crosstown traffic
All you do is slow me down
And I got better things on the other side of town

seicer

This reads like it's from an ODOT employee?

coldshoulder

Quote from: Sherman Cahal on December 17, 2015, 09:00:02 PM
This reads like it's from an ODOT employee?

No, just a guy who travels through this area regularly.  Here's a story from earlier this week on the latest accident:

http://www.wfmj.com/story/30757933/driver-cited-for-crash-on-i-80-in-weathersfield

You're just like crosstown traffic
All you do is slow me down
And I got better things on the other side of town

mcarling

This section is both I-80 and I-90, right?
US 97 should be 2x2 all the way from Yakima, WA to Klamath Falls, OR.

Brandon

Quote from: mcarling on December 18, 2015, 04:03:03 PM
This section is both I-80 and I-90, right?

No.  I-90 leaves the Turnpike at Elyria.  I-76 and I-80 make the jumps in Mahoning County (near Youngstown).
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.