Favorite traffic signal and what sparked your interest?

Started by mroad860, January 26, 2016, 01:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mroad860

What is your favorite traffic signal? And what "sparked" your interest in signals? My personal favorite is the Econolite bullseye.. It ignited my interest in signals when I was 10 years old, back in 1993 I saw some signals that looked interesting at the intersection of route 195 and 32 in Mansfield, CT.. They were econolite bullseye signals (gone now).. and after that i was checking out every signal that i went by.. It definitely built my interest.. And I have gained so much signal knowledge 22 years later.. I'm curious to see what my other fellow signal enthusiasts like

busman_49

I like Kentron signals (also badged as T/Con and even Econolite for a short time).  I'm about the only one who does, apparently, but it's what I saw growing up so they hold a special place in my heard.  I also like the Crouse-Hinds deco-era signals.

freebrickproductions

My favorite signals are incandescent 12 inch Winkomatics and worded 16 inch ICC peds, as I saw those a lot growing up here in Huntsville.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

M3019C LPS20

I've always been fond of Marbelite.

It's hard for me to determine what "sparked" my interest in signals, but I will say that I always used to stare at them when my parents took me for a ride. Being that I grew up in New York City, I've always been fascinated by what has existed there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.