News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

OSNS on Amsterdam Avenue in Manhattan

Started by dgolub, March 28, 2016, 08:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

I discovered yesterday that Amsterdam Avenue in Manhattan has joined the oversized street name sign (OSNS) club.  I stumbled upon them yesterday at West 72 Street and took the bus home to see how far north they extend.  It turns out that they go up to Cathedral Parkway in my neighborhood, although some of the signs are still in this process of being installed.  It appears that NYCDOT, in their infinite wisdom, has decided not to include the two-way section of Amsterdam Avenue in Morningside Heights and Harlem.  I'm not sure how far they go in the other direction.  I'm guessing all the way down 10 Avenue to NY 9A, but I'll have to scout it out some time.

dgolub

Quick update: Last night, they installed OSNS on the part of Amsterdam Avenue north of Cathedral Parkway in Morningside Heights.

mrsman

OSNS seems to be a slow process.  NYC DOT should realize how helpful these signs are to motorists and work to put them on every signalized intersection in the city, in both directions.

dgolub

Quote from: mrsman on April 26, 2016, 07:34:49 AM
OSNS seems to be a slow process.  NYC DOT should realize how helpful these signs are to motorists and work to put them on every signalized intersection in the city, in both directions.

Good luck with that.  They've only been working on it for 13 years now.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.