AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Interstate 42  (Read 83188 times)

LM117

• Last Login: December 11, 2019, 09:32:51 AM
Re: Interstate 42
« Reply #675 on: November 15, 2019, 05:29:02 PM »

Another upcoming ramp closure at the Clark's Road interchange near New Bern.

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2019/2019-11-15-craven-county-highway-ramp-closed.aspx
I dont know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch! - Jim Cornette

LM117

« Reply #676 on: November 18, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2019/2019-11-18-craven-county-highway-ramps-closed.aspx

​NEW BERN Two highway ramps in Craven County will be closed this week as state transportation crews work to bring the highway up to interstate standards.

On Tuesday, between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m., the entrance ramp from Clarks Road to U.S. 70 East and the exit ramp from U.S. 70 East to U.S. 17 will be closed. The ramps will close again during the same times on Wednesday.

N.C. Department of Transportation crews will pave the ramps. The construction is part of the project to bring U.S. 70 up to interstate standards between Raleigh and Morehead City. Crews are widening shoulders and milling and repaving the highway, which will be renamed Interstate 42. The project in Craven County is 32 miles long and costs $25.5 million.

Detours

During construction, Clarks Road traffic needing U.S. 70 East should get on U.S. 70 West and travel about 2.5 miles to the exit for Tuscarora Rhems Road. Drivers will turn left at the stop sign at the top of the ramp, go over the bridge, and make another left to get onto U.S. 70 East.

For drivers on U.S. 70 East needing to get on U.S. 17, stay on U.S. 70 East for about 1 mile to Exit 411 (N.C. 43). Drivers will turn left at the top of the ramp, go over the bridge, turn left onto U.S. 70 West and drive about 1 mile to Exit 410A (U.S. 17 South).

LM117

« Reply #677 on: November 22, 2019, 07:54:40 PM »

LM117

« Reply #678 on: December 04, 2019, 06:17:07 PM »

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2019/2019-12-04-craven-county-highway-ramp-closure.aspx

​NEW BERN A highway entrance ramp in Craven County will be closed for about 12 hours on Thursday as work continues to upgrade it to interstate standards.

Between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday, the U.S. 70 East on-ramp from N.C. 43 will be closed so N.C. Department of Transportation contract crews can safely pave the ramp.

Traffic needing access to U.S. 70 East will go to U.S. 70 West from N.C. 43, drive about two miles to Clark Road (Exit 409), and turn left at the top of the exit ramp to get onto U.S. 70 East.

The construction is part of the project to bring U.S. 70 up to interstate standards between Raleigh and Morehead City. Crews are widening shoulders and milling and repaving the highway, which will be renamed Interstate 42. The project in Craven County is 32 miles long and costs $25.5 million.

RoadPelican

• Last Login: December 12, 2019, 08:00:12 PM
« Reply #679 on: December 04, 2019, 09:45:44 PM »

I attended the most recent meeting of the Interstate 42 commission in Goldsboro last month.  The meeting lasted about two hours and 95% of time was spent discussing disaster relief and flood mapping.  Unfortunately, in my opinion the meeting focused very little on the Interstate 42 corridor.  If I decide to attend the next meeting, I do hope they post an agenda beforehand.

LM117

« Reply #680 on: December 05, 2019, 11:16:18 AM »

I attended the most recent meeting of the Interstate 42 commission in Goldsboro last month.  The meeting lasted about two hours and 95% of time was spent discussing disaster relief and flood mapping.  Unfortunately, in my opinion the meeting focused very little on the Interstate 42 corridor.

I can probably guess the answer to this, but was there any mention of when the I-42 signs will go up on the Goldsboro Bypass? NCDOT chief engineer Tim Little told the commission earlier this year that federal approval was given to put up I-42 signs on the bypass, but when I asked NCDOT about the timetable last month, Matt Clarke responded to me and spoke as if the bypass wasn't I-42 yet. :hmm:

I looked on FHWA's interstate logs, but they haven't been updated since December 31, 2018. As I understand it, the I-42 approval for the bypass happened in January.

If I decide to attend the next meeting, I do hope they post an agenda beforehand.

Good luck with that. The commission has been real lazy about posting minutes and agendas. The last meeting minutes posted was from their January meeting. They've had 3 meetings since then, and absolutely nothing has been posted since July.

RoadPelican

• Last Login: December 12, 2019, 08:00:12 PM
« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2019, 08:10:24 PM »

I attended the most recent meeting of the Interstate 42 commission in Goldsboro last month.  The meeting lasted about two hours and 95% of time was spent discussing disaster relief and flood mapping.  Unfortunately, in my opinion the meeting focused very little on the Interstate 42 corridor.

I can probably guess the answer to this, but was there any mention of when the I-42 signs will go up on the Goldsboro Bypass? NCDOT chief engineer Tim Little told the commission earlier this year that federal approval was given to put up I-42 signs on the bypass, but when I asked NCDOT about the timetable last month, Matt Clarke responded to me and spoke as if the bypass wasn't I-42 yet. :hmm:

I looked on FHWA's interstate logs, but they haven't been updated since December 31, 2018. As I understand it, the I-42 approval for the bypass happened in January.

If I decide to attend the next meeting, I do hope they post an agenda beforehand.

Good luck with that. The commission has been real lazy about posting minutes and agendas. The last meeting minutes posted was from their January meeting. They've had 3 meetings since then, and absolutely nothing has been posted since July.

There was NO mention of a timeline for when I-42 signs would go up on the Goldsboro bypass.

Fixed quote. - rmf67
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:03:06 AM by rickmastfan67 »

LM117

« Reply #682 on: December 05, 2019, 08:15:34 PM »

There was NO mention of a timeline for when I-42 signs would go up on the Goldsboro bypass.

I figured as much. Thanks for letting me know. I've been keeping up with the local newspapers and they haven't mentioned a word about it, either.

Fixed quote. - rmf67
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:04:18 AM by rickmastfan67 »

tolbs17

• Last Login: December 12, 2019, 10:01:21 PM
« Reply #683 on: December 06, 2019, 03:19:31 PM »

I don't think any of I-42 would be signed until the part of US 70 would be upgraded to interstate standards which is at the western end of the Goldsboro bypass and at the eastern end of the Clayton bypass.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.