When was the CA 63 Mooney Blvd. widened from 2 lanes to four lanes in Visalia?

Started by ACSCmapcollector, October 22, 2016, 02:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

I wonder when the CA 63 Mooney Blvd. widened from 2 lanes to four lanes in Visalia, CA including the south portion from Caldwell Avenue to State Route 137 in Tulare?

coatimundi

Have you driven on that road in the last 20 years? It's got a ton of traffic. It's the main route between Tulare and central Visalia, plus is the major retail and commercial corridor for Visalia. And it's 6 lanes in Visalia, not 4. The extra lane drops off at the city limits, at Visalia Parkway, which is south of Caldwell.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: coatimundi on October 22, 2016, 07:03:23 PM
Have you driven on that road in the last 20 years? It's got a ton of traffic. It's the main route between Tulare and central Visalia, plus is the major retail and commercial corridor for Visalia. And it's 6 lanes in Visalia, not 4. The extra lane drops off at the city limits, at Visalia Parkway, which is south of Caldwell.

No I don't drive, but I used to walk from Tulare Avenue all the way down to Caldwell Ave, when I lived in Visalia from 1984 until 1995.  I am talking about when it was first widened from two lanes to four lanes, I am guessing the 1960s?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.