AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: What Music Do You Like?  (Read 4591 times)

webny99

• Roadgeek Forever!

• Last Login: Today at 05:24:18 PM
Re: What Music Do You Like?
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2020, 10:43:33 AM »

I guess I am similar in the sense of preferring singles to albums. I have never listened to an entire album from lid to lid.
If I had to describe my favorite kind of music (without specifying the genre), I guess I would say simultaneously deep and catchy, with lyrics that at least make sense if not tell a story.
Left Lane is For Passing, Not Camping!

jp the roadgeek

• Last Login: Today at 02:24:02 PM
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2020, 01:38:40 PM »

EDIT: I also enjoy some 80s/90s rap, like Warren G's "Regulate" and Tone Loc's "Funky Cold Medina."

And these tend to sample other songs as well.  The former heavily samples Michael McDonald's "I Keep Forgettin" while the latter seems to sample the guitar riff from Foreigner's "Hot Blooded"
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

tolbs17

• Last Login: July 07, 2020, 05:09:14 PM
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2020, 07:57:42 PM »

I'm a techno, rap, dance, club, rave fan. I hate country although many people where I live like it.

KEVIN_224

• Last Login: July 06, 2020, 09:26:01 PM
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »

EDIT: I also enjoy some 80s/90s rap, like Warren G's "Regulate" and Tone Loc's "Funky Cold Medina."
And these tend to sample other songs as well.  The former heavily samples Michael McDonald's "I Keep Forgettin" while the latter seems to sample the guitar riff from Foreigner's "Hot Blooded"

And, of course, "Wild Thing", used a guitar sample from Van Halen. I want to say it was "Jayne's Crying"?

TravelingBethelite

• My way IS the highway.

• Last Login: July 07, 2020, 03:34:34 PM
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2020, 11:16:08 PM »

And, of course, "Wild Thing", used a guitar sample from Van Halen. I want to say it was "Jayne's Crying"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Thing_(Tone_L%C5%8Dc_song)

You'd be correct on that one. An uncredited sample, at that.
"Life is a highway, and I want to drive it all night long!" -Tom Cochrane
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT

mgk920

• Last Login: Today at 12:42:53 PM
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2020, 02:23:49 PM »

I've always loved a very wide range of music, including rock, heavy metal, dance music, pop, alternative and even classical. In the past decade or so I've been expanding into a lot of rock precursor music, mostly from the late 1940s and early 1950s.

I've been a Les Paul fan for many years, but until a few years ago I was only familiar with his later music with artists like Chet Atkins. I knew he had famously invented multi-track recording, but for some reason until about 10 years ago I never listened to any of those early recordings he made with his then wife, Mary Ford. But once I started listening to it I quickly realized what a profound impact these pre-rock hits had on later artists, even into the heavy metal era.

Les Paul & Mary Ford introduced the world to the unique sound of multi-track recording (and in the process, lip-syncing on TV) in 1951, with the hit single 'How High The Moon'.

I actually consider How High the Moon to be an early rock song, several years before Bill Haley.

Great stuff that was before its time!

:nod:

Mike

STLmapboy

• Last Login: Today at 07:42:17 PM
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2020, 09:48:15 PM »

More music:
Enola Gay--OMD
Teenage STL area roadgeek/avgeek.
Every time a span wire is replaced with a mast arm an angel gets its wings

andrepoiy

• Last Login: July 08, 2020, 06:43:19 PM
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2020, 11:52:44 AM »

I listen to rock and its subgenres. My favourite subgenre is hard rock. I also listen to some non-English language rock bands. Favourite band of all time is Guns N' Roses.

English-language Bands:

*Guns N' Roses
*AC/DC
*Aerosmith
*Audioslave
*Bon Jovi
*Def Leppard
*Eagles
*Europe (Swedish band)
*Foo Fighters
*Foreigner
*Green Day
*Hanoi Rocks
*Iron Maiden
*L.A. Guns
*Led Zeppelin
*Lynyrd Skynryd
*Metallica
*Motley Crue
*Nirvana
*Oasis
*Pearl Jam
*Poison
*Queen
*Red Hot Chili Peppers
*Scorpions
*Sex Pistols
*Stone Temple Pilots
*Survivor
*Triumph
*Twisted Sister
*Van Halen
*Velvet Revolver
*Warrant

Non-english language Bands:
*Hei Bao (PR China)
*Bodyslam (Thailand)
*Silly Fools (Thailand)
*Loso (Thailand)
*Kino (Soviet Union)

Takumi

• now with even more cars!

• Last Login: Today at 04:08:44 PM
    • Flashing Lights (blog)
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2020, 09:51:38 PM »

Smooth by Santana/Rob Thomas has become my new favorite song of all time.
It was released in 1999, too, so that makes it even more magical for me since that was the year I was born. I think the '90s would have been a super fun era to grow up in.
Ugh, that song was absolutely everywhere in 1999 and into 2000. The 90s were indeed nice to grow up in, but like every era it had its overplayed songs.
Don't pick apart my vision of complete psychotic breakdown, please.  I'm trying to make a point here.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.